Another EK2 Maker Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another EK2 Maker Thread

Hello gents, this is my first EK2 that I got in a lot today with a few other items. I was wondering if somebody could identify the maker? It is completely unmarked. That is not rust around the swastika the paint is actually about 98%, theres some gunk in there and I'm too scared of chipping the paint to try to clean it out!

Walter and Henlein IMO, which are never marked, early or late. Here's mine. You'll notice the inner beads match up near perfect from the reverse. Dates are close enough for me to say they are from the same maker too.

--Ken
    Attached Files

Comment

Seems mine was made on a Friday at 4:59PM, as the mount for my loops is waaay off center.

Comment

Yours is earlier than my "minty" example. As far as the loop being "off center", that ain't nothin'. Adds character. Too bad more EK makers didn't "hang loose", like this one by "probably Juncker".

--Ken
        Attached Files

Comment

yes ,Ken is right ,IMO Walter és Henlein

Comment

it's not W&H - rather 138

Comment

Well, I stand corrected here, but visually super close. Unmarked Maurer are not a common find either, as I found from "searching". I'm curious now as to Plauts thoughts on my example in post #2, which are commonly found along with Henlein packets.

--Ken
              Last edited by Panzercracker; 07-05-2014, 02:06 AM.

Comment

Ken,

IMO your is one of two 109's variants

Comment

Thanks for getting back Plaut, but if you're talking about the one me and Trev butted heads on, then I will need more convincing. IMO, that one looks too close to a Grossman, both in flange and beading. However, I can be swayed, if there's solid evidence.

--Ken

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                  X