Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post War DKiG- collectible?

Greetings All!

This DKiG that is unquestionably of post war production. However, I'm interested in knowing if this is simply a cheap reproduction or if it is one of the quasi-collectible post war DKiGs usually attributed to (I believe) S&L or Souval. The two images of the front are an attempt to show the colors and detail. The back shows the "8" stamped on the pin. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

My thanks in advance to all who take the time to reply.
    Chris
    Attached Files

It is a post-war Souval with mark added to the pin. This is not a Souval mark.

Bob Hritz
    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

The mark is a shame. The DK itself is collectable (for the Souval collectors), but the mark detracts from any sale price as does the chip. I wonder how the cross came to be so beaten up. Its suffered a lot of wear and loss to the gold wreath and chip suggests being dropped. Interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post
        It is a post-war Souval with mark added to the pin. This is not a Souval mark.

Bob Hritz
        I agree

Comment

Postwar Rudolf Souval DKiG

Andy

Comment

IMO there is no value at all in fakes or copies or reproductions, what ever they are called.
            I can understand though, that people who don´t have, or don´t want to spend, money on expensive originals, buy fakes.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X