• Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK 1 Spange

Opinions, please. (no mark)

George
    George

Dear George,

The "body" looks fine, I just do not know what to make of the pin which is obviously repaired, if not replaced. I wonder because I seem to have a spange of the same maker. At least it has the very same characteristics as yours, down to the eagle´s head, the date, really everything. BUT, my hinge/pin/catch is very different. I have seen needle systems like yours but not on that very design.

In my opinion, the worst case might be that it is a copy made with my spange as a role model or it is a good one of that maker with just a different needle system that might have been replaced/repaired.

However, here is my spange to compare
    Cheers, Frank

Comment

Reverse. I am sure I am just an "opening act" to somebody more knowledgeable about these. But I hope seeing your exact design in a good badge is a bit soothing.

Cheers, Frank
      Cheers, Frank

Comment

The needle pin type is usually attributed to Deumer and certainly there are plenty of these around with the L/11 mark. however the Deumer numeral 3 has a different configuration, but I can see no reason why other makers might not use the same needle pin fitting as Deumer. Certainly this type of hinge/pin is a valid wartime one.

Gordon

Comment

Here is a Deumer, note the shape of the "3"

Here are reverse view of unmarked, L/11 and L/11 in box pieces by Deumer

Comment

Dear Gordon,

Those are Deumers alright but George´s and my spange, although from the same maker, are not Deumers (eagle´s head, eagle´s leg feathers being the most different parts). But your suggestion that also other makers might have used that pin combo lateron sounds fine, maybe it actually is a Deumer pin combo on George´s spange, because it looks repaired and possibly replaced.

Cheers, Frank H.
            Last edited by Frank H; 08-17-2002, 06:51 AM.
            Cheers, Frank

Comment

Hi

My Spange to EKI also have the same "3" style

http://www.geocities.com/bkobp/SpangeEKI.html

Cheers
              BP
              Last edited by Bryan Poon; 08-18-2002, 04:33 AM.

Comment

Dear Bryan,

It is important to recognize that the "3" in the date is NOT the same comparing George´s and my spange to the Deumers that Gordon showed us. Because George´s and my spange are no Deumers. Yours however seems to be a Deumer judging by your pic.

Cheers, Frank H.
                Cheers, Frank

Comment

Dear Frank

Yes, you are right. I compare with Gordon's Spange. My Spange is similar to his Spange. Mine is needle pin without maker's mark. I just bought it last month.

Cheers
                  BP

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X