Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about EK1 and Case

Hello EK1 Experts

I have got this nice Case for EK1. Now I want to buy a EK1 thats is matching with this case. I want to ask wich makers are typical in this sort of cases? many thanks for your help!
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

For me I will put a C.F. Zimmermann, like mine in a LDO case
        Attached Files

Comment

Identical case came with a '20' C.F. Zimmermann cross...

Robert
          Attached Files

Comment

case

Your case is a common one used by most makers. The only way to tell who used the case is when they stamp them with their name. Jim

Comment

many thanks for all the fast help!

So now I have to look for a nice Zimmermann cross!

Comment

Originally posted by CMSgt View Post
                Your case is a common one used by most makers. The only way to tell who used the case is when they stamp them with their name. Jim
                Jim is absolutely correct. I have another case identical to the one I posted above with the Zimmermann cross, only it has a gold stenciled cross on the lid. A Juncker Schinkel came in it. I've always assumed the earlier cases had the gold stencil cross on the lid, but this may not be correct. The case experts could verify this.

Robert

Comment

This shell is the earliest one used in the war but it was used for a while. If you press down (pretty hard) on the insert, does it give? If so it's made of pressed cardboard. If not, it's made of wood and the case is a very early one and should only be used with a very early unmarked cross. In my experience most of these cases with no material cut out for the pin depression are early wood ones.
                  Best regards,
                  Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Be aware that not all crosses fit in all cases.(due to the Catch and pin)

Comment

Originally posted by streptile View Post
                      This shell is the earliest one used in the war but it was used for a while. If you press down (pretty hard) on the insert, does it give? If so it's made of pressed cardboard. If not, it's made of wood and the case is a very early one and should only be used with a very early unmarked cross. In my experience most of these cases with no material cut out for the pin depression are early wood ones.
                      hello

if I press hard, inlet give. So I guess its made of cardboard. I guess I have to look for a "20" piece from Zimmermann.

Comment

Yes, I forgot about the wooden insert in the early cases.

I'd like to correct something I posted earlier in this thread. It was not a Juncker Schinkel in the case with the gold embossed cross on the lid. It was a Meybauer Schinkel. It fits the base insert perfectly so I believe it belongs in this case. And, the insert is pressed cardboard, not wood. I was hoping it was wood as the cross is early WWII. Not [I]really [I]early, just early. Sorry for any confusion this may have caused.

Robert
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Robert P. View Post
                          It was a Meybauer Schinkel. It fits the base insert perfectly so I believe it belongs in this case.
                          I've had that set in my hand and I'm as sure as I've ever been about any set that they've always been together. The imprint on the underside of the lid shows Meybauer's highly distinctive frame shape and no other frame imprint, and the fit is perfect.
                          Best regards,
                          Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X