KC Collecting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by robs View Post
    A nice cased example with some provenance just sold at CG last auction just short of 15k.
    What's CG sorry?

Comment

Either Collectors Guild or Craig Gottlieb..... now sit back, enjoy the show and let the comments begin

Originally posted by Joshua Morris View Post
      What's CG sorry?

Comment

Originally posted by Jmondo View Post
        Either Collectors Guild or Craig Gottlieb..... now sit back, enjoy the show and let the comments begin
        Depends on how bad he wants one

Comment

Originally posted by Tony T-S View Post
          for the info of the rest of the world our tax free limit is 1K, much better than many places actually
          I assume you're talking GST right? The limit that tax gets applied on importing anything here in NZ is $400 and our GST tax rate is 15%.

For big items it can be a real pain in the....

Matt

Comment

No duty or tax if they don't know what is in the package. Just don't list contents or value and take a chance.

Comment

No I'm not talking GST, but import duty. Tom is right of course, but that gets back to giving a false value if coming in from overseas. In AU you don't have to have anything on the packet at all (in house as it were).

Comment

Since I do NOT trust ANY postal service in the world, If I were to sell any of my collection, it would ONLY be at a show !!! Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Leroy View Post
                  Although I can understand it, it always saddens me that S&L crosses are the "last on the list" for many new collectors. To me, they are the finest crosses, in terms of both design and construction, and it is pretty straightforward to tell good from bad. Just get an "A" type or a "935-4" or "800-4" of the "B" series. There are other "B" types which are perfectly good in my opinion (and also that of Pieter Verbruggen and others), but those can be left to more experienced collectors, at least initially. You can always post here before buying.

Good luck!
                  Agreed...I used to feel the same way too (re, not wanting a S&L) but I'm with "Leroy" regarding S&L Knights Crosses. Having owned a Juncker lazy 2 and a K&Q I can say that an A type S&L micro 800 is a good way to start if your going to purchase a KC.

Comment

Remember to ask for a full money back guarantee!
                    You can also make clear for the dealer, that you will post photos at collector´s forums and ask for opinions.
                    If the dealer has a brain, he then will not try to provide you with crap.
                    Firma Weitze in Hamburg and House of History (Kai Winkler) almost always have KCs for sale. Phlipp Militaria sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Leroy View Post
                      Although I can understand it, it always saddens me that S&L crosses are the "last on the list" for many new collectors. To me, they are the finest crosses, in terms of both design and construction, and it is pretty straightforward to tell good from bad. Just get an "A" type or a "935-4" or "800-4" of the "B" series. There are other "B" types which are perfectly good in my opinion (and also that of Pieter Verbruggen and others), but those can be left to more experienced collectors, at least initially. You can always post here before buying.

Good luck!
                      Agree, on my list S&L is first choice. Beautiful, basic and easy to certify if pre May -45 (type A, at least). Later on a K&Q would be ideal...
                      Regards,
                      Mats
                      Last edited by mwl; 06-10-2014, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                      X