Last documented award of EK's in WWII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Simon O. View Post
    Refer to my above answer re. the higher awards that needed to be approved and awarded by offices that no longer existed.

Again, this question needs to be broken down in to 2 parts, awards for actions\qualified for prior to surrender and awards for actions post-surrender, like the mine clearing EKs.

Of the first category i have seen EKs, KVKs, flak kampf , marineartillerie badge, WB, minesweeper badge, i have also seen paperwork for the DK that had been in the pipeline when the war ended. By far the largest number of course is the Lappland shield, awards for which commenced on the 1st July. It's not always so easy to tell when an award was made as they could easily be backdated, a good example of this is the 20th April 45 bulk KVK awards. There are clearly others in this group

Of the second category, ie. awards for actions post-8th may, i have come across the following. EKII, EKII+sp, EKI, EKI+sp (both for mine clearing and other actions), KVKII m/S, wound badge, drivers badge in all 3 grades.
    In the pictured example of a KVKII, note the wording used.
    IMO your info is correct here. Tom

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
    X