X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rk £960?

RK for £960?

WW2 German Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
    WW2 German Knights Cross of the Iron Cross of three piece construction with a magnetic core the ribbon loop is stamped 800 and the frame is stamped 800 and 21 this being the manufacturer Gebruder Godet & Co of Charlotten Strasse 55, Berlin W8, Weight is 33.8g it is 48mm in height & to the top of the suspension ring 54.57mm it is 48mm wide the award frame is 4.84mm in thickness the suspension loop is 20mm high and is 1.44mm dia original or jewellers replacement?

Code: 50559 Price: 960.00 GBP

http://www.smimilitaria.com/home.php

Hi

this Kc known fake...

Comment

Guessed as much. Is it the Latvian fake?

Comment

yes

Comment

Yes.....another piece of junk !

Comment

Originally posted by Tom B View Post
            Yes.....another piece of junk !
            Well, if he want's to knock £900 off the asking price I'll go for it!

Comment

This would be a great filler for $100. All those computer generated beads. Its a very nice looking filler, but only at the right price.

Comment

Originally posted by reichenberg View Post
                Well, if he want's to knock £900 off the asking price I'll go for it!
                I wouldn't touch it for one dollar !

Comment

Well there's a turn up for the books. I emailed the dealer with the bad news and he immediately reduced the item to £160!
                  Last edited by reichenberg; 04-28-2014, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Still too much, but good on him for adjusting the price. Surely he knew that a real one would be closer to 5000 GBP so why so cheap in the first place? Anyway, there's a latvian available for someone

Comment

Well there's a turn up for the books. I emailed the dealer with the bad news and he immediately reduced the item to £160!
                      Wow ! OK, I'll go as much as $2.00

Comment

Someone likes it. It's already on hold.

Regards,
                        AB.
                        In memory of my Uncle,
                        Schtz.Grenadier KARL HOFBAUER,
                        2 Kompanie, Inf-Bat, 550.
                        Killed in action, Krasnoje, Minsk, 7. Nov. 1942.

Comment

Can't believe he listened to you.
                          Best regards,
                          Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Originally posted by streptile View Post
                            Can't believe he listened to you.
                            Would assume he knew it was no good, but had an attempt at selling it to an ignorant collector at full price ???

Comment

Originally posted by Matthieu View Post
                              Would assume he knew it was no good, but had an attempt at selling it to an ignorant collector at full price ???
                              He seemed honest enough. I replied to his email and he explained that he had purchased it in 2004 while on active service on the off chance that it might be a good one. He was very polite about it all, and if he were really dishonest he could have simply ignored me or adjusted the description a little to allow for it being a post war cross. I guess the best way to judge is by looking at the other items on his website to see how many more fakes there are, and if it looks deliberate. You can usually spot a dishonest dealer after a while.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X