round 3 ek made by deschler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

round 3 ek made by deschler?

could this medal (actually for sale in the e stand) be a proof for deschler to be the manufacturer of the "round 3" ek?
    Attached Files

Hi,
    some time ago I posted a round 3 with maker mark, it was some obscure maker almost never heard of (from me anyway).
    All the best
    Chris

Comment

Does anyone know how many companies made round 3s?

Comment

Stefan,

Where is this listed?? What is it exactly?? Interesting.

Comment

could this medal (actually for sale in the e stand) be a proof for deschler to be the manufacturer of the "round 3" ek?
          Stephan...

I don't know about PROOF, but this is certainly an interesting point...

Wish I could take it further, I can't I'm sorry, but it definitely deserves a bump....

Marshall

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Boonzaier
            Does anyone know how many companies made round 3s?
            I think the current consensus is still that they (Round 3 EK1's and 2's) were made by only one (unknown) firm.

Even my two Schinkel 'B types' (which also have round threes) have identical core details to 'standard' frame round 3's....

Hope this helps...

Marshall

Comment

After looking at a number of old posts on round 3 crosses, not one of them have the beading characteristics of a Deschler cross. I think at this stage that Deschler can be ruled out as the maker.

Brett

Comment

youre right brett, the "typical" deschler cross has nothing in common with the round 3 ek

i think we all agree that the round 3 ek2 was produced only by one firm.

so why would deschler use a round 3 ek2 on the reverse of this panzer medal?

an interesting point....

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X