Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frosted Souval EK's??

Hi,
    Has anyone got a Souval EK with any frosting on it? I have had a look at the couple I have(I don't really like Souvals!) and there is not a trace of frosting!In fact of all the Souvals that I have seen I can't recall any that were frosted.

So has anyone got a frosty Souval?

Cheers

Dave

Anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave-B
      Anyone?
      Hi dave, I don't remember from where I heard it, but to my understanding none of the souvals had the frosting applied. And I can't recall seeing one. I have a unmarked one, no frosting.

Comment

Originally posted by jscott
        Hi dave, I don't remember from where I heard it, but to my understanding none of the souvals had the frosting applied. And I can't recall seeing one. I have a unmarked one, no frosting.
        Souval sold RK's in the sixties and seventies, both with and without frosting. They had at least two quality levels, the lower one having the silver content proofmark on both the front and the back of the frame. Many of the lower quality examples also had loops that were double at both the top and the bottom. The cheapies sold openly through ads in The Shotgun News for about 25 US$ in 1969. The better made ones were sold as originals by established dealers. Both types had tiny cracks here and there along the tops of the ribbing at various points.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by J Howland
          Souval sold RK's in the sixties and seventies, both with and without frosting. They had at least two quality levels, the lower one having the silver content proofmark on both the front and the back of the frame. Many of the lower quality examples also had loops that were double at both the top and the bottom. The cheapies sold openly through ads in The Shotgun News for about 25 US$ in 1969. The better made ones were sold as originals by established dealers. Both types had tiny cracks here and there along the tops of the ribbing at various points.

Jim
          Thanks Jim, I'm going to file this info !

jamie

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X