Shinkel and maker marks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shinkel and maker marks

Do any schinkel eks come maker marked? My impression is that they do not, but would like to confirm this. And if they do come maker marked, which?

Thanks
    Last edited by bugibbian; 11-12-2004, 05:09 AM.

Hi,

I've never seen a genuine one marked, only some repros trying to be "Schinkels". You never know though I suppose.

Regards
    Mike K
    Regards
    Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Immediate red flag......

I've not seen a maker-marked schinkel that wasn't fake - yet...

Marshall

Comment

Thanks for the fast responses. I thought as much.

Comment

I would agree have never seen a genuine mm Schinkle to date.

Comment

Same thoughts here bugibbian, but i am sure there was a thread here somewhere showing a mm one but i could be wrong.
            Ashley

Comment

Originally posted by atcase
              Same thoughts here bugibbian, but i am sure there was a thread here somewhere showing a mm one but i could be wrong.
              Ashley
              Some weeks ago I got a unmarked frosted Schinkel EK II in a packet of issue, marked by Deumer. I got it from a local coin-dealer. So you can ask: is there a relationship between Deumer and the manufacturing of Schinkel EKs ? I donĀ“t think so, because the packet was in a bad condition - so I think that the dealer ( or anybody else ) put the cross and the packet together. I was already showing the cross in a former thread with the same question like here.

Mathias

Comment

Ek1

Hello,

I have never seen a maker marked example. As far as I know there is no firm information on who made which Schinkel-form crosses. I was told that Juncker and Godet were almost certainly involved, but there were most likely more than just the two makers.

Here is my first class, a period repaired example with a brass core.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?p=606859

Thank you.

William Kramer
                Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

Gordon's book mentions a schinkel with "wilm" marked on the ring. Wilm being a jeweller. Anybody ever seen one?

Comment

Interesting. WILM is a maker of Imperial crosses...
                    Marc

Comment

There are two threads here that I distinctly remember showing Maker Marked Schinkel EK1's....and both were fake...

Here they are....

Maker Marked Schinkel EK1

Scarce Cased Schinkel Iron Cross First Class

It's important to note that Gordon's book refers to only two Schinkels he has encountered that he could vaguely attribute to a maker.........a cased EK1, which was itself unmarked, but came directly from the vet in a 'Godet' marked outer carton........and the other was the one-piece EK2 Schinkel marked on the ring by 'WILM' which he has encountered exactly.....ONCE ....

Personally speaking, not my kind of odds.....

Marshall

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X