Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much is to much?

Hello people,
    I've been recently offerd a Ritter Kreuz mit eichenlaub und schwertern for 1100 Euro's. The man who offerd it to me, said that it was from an Dutch ss veteran who fought at the Ostfront. He claims that it is 100% original and send some photo's to me.
    1100 Euro's is quiet much for just a poor student like me, but if I can invest my savings into this and can get a nice interest out of it, I might do it.

What do you think? Is it a bargain and an offer I can't refuse or should I skip this one?

Is there someone who can lend me 1000 Euro's
    : ( maybe whe can arrange a partime ownership )

Hi Gunner,

1100 Euros is chicken feed even for a good RK, without Oakleaves and swords.

Be careful there are allot of fakes, just check the forum for evidence. It seems like a very small amount of money for this award, be weary! Get the seller to send you good quality, close up pictures and post them here for an opinion.

IMHO this deal can't be for real.

Graeme

Comment

suspicious

It sounds too good to be true, and probably is.

George
      George

Comment

Gunner,

to put this in perspective, Carsten Baldes has an RK for sale at 5,400.00 Euros!

Graeme

Comment

Dutch Connection

Hi Gunner,

Pictures would bring stronger impressions if you had any to share.
          Within the last year, 2 repro KC's were on sale on a local site from an alleged Dutch collector. The deal was that the RK's had been misrepresented as originals. The dealer refused to refund the money, however, in a token gesture advertised the KC's on his site to sell. Be careful with too good to be true prices.

Chris

Comment

Gunner,

An RK with oakleaves & swords would easily bring in excess of ten times that much in the states ($11,000 US)...sounds like one of those deals that is indeed too good to be true. True, it would be a steal if it's right - but without good photos, weights & measurements that's a hard call to make.

Comment

RK + Swords

For an original set you should expect to part with 15,000 US dollars at the moment.

Chris

(looking for early K & Q RK)

Comment

Hi Matthijs
                Don't do that. Some points should alert you :
                1- the price : as other members said, this is far from being a standard price for such a piece
                2- the story : IMHO just a BS !
                No Dutchman were awarded the Schwertern (just three were bestowed the KC)
                3- the seller : if the guy told you such a senseless soty, either he knows nothing or he is crook. Whatever the solution, stay away.

I suggest you a better use of your hard earned savings : buy reference books about the Iron Cross (for example : Harald Geissler's book , Gordon Willisamson, one of our moderator, has also authoreed a book in Bender pub. which will be released very soon (I hope), Stephen Previtera's one....)
                Don't hesitate to ask more info.
                Regards
                Denis
                BTW, would you not live in Leiden ?

Comment

Correction !

Sorry.. ref my earlier post...15,000 US for the swords, plus another 5 for the RK.
                  Dennis' advice is stop on.
                  Regards,
                  Chris

Chris

(looking for early K & Q RK)

Comment

Hello guy's,
                    Thanks for the feedback. I've emailed the owner for better pictures and I do hope that he will send them. If I got them, I will post them here.

Cheers:Peter

Comment

replie

Hello guy's,
                      I've recieved a replie from the seller and he gives me the promise that I can inspect the cross for a week and when I'm satisfide with it, I can pay him up. In other words, He is giving me the cross for a week without any payment. He also told me that he will sell it to Manoin's if I wouldn't want it. This offer sound very tempting. All I need now is someone in Holland who can examen this cross to call this one good or bad.
                      Is there someone good here in Holland in wich I can get in touch to?

Cheer:Peter

Comment

can you scan it or have somebody do it for you ?
                        Collection : http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=807895

Comment

Hi François ,
                          Yes, I do have a scanner, but no possibility to post pic's on the forum. Can you determin if it is real?

Comment

not just me,but all together probably yes, send me the scans and I will post them for you 'if you send them to me before next friday)

A good occasion to become an association member, to be able to post scans, access to the image librairy.......

François
                            Collection : http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=807895

Comment

Well guy's
                              I've decided to save my hard-earned money. Thanks very much for your comments and see you next time

Cheers:Peter

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X