Another DKiG opinions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another DKiG opinions please

Like to hear what you all have to say to this second piece, marked "20" on the pin.Sorry that the pics are so large, but it does make for a good study.

Thanks for looking.Skip
    LOOKING FOR ALL ITEMS CONNECTED TO HERBERT SCHOB.

and the back

Comment

Most definitely avoid this one!

There is a wonderful article on the DKiG in the Association pages, and I encourage you to take a look at it. As for this particular DKiG, the rivets, construction technique, the amount of red showing/thin wreath, etc., all preclude this one from being the real deal. The other I'll have to look at a little more closely.

But that's only my opinion.
      Cheers,

Bill Moran

Comment

Thanks Bill,

have read the articles of course, but I really wanted to bounce these of some profis, and see what you all had to say.

Skip

Comment

amount of red showing???

interesting on what you say about the amount of red showing, ignoring the other aspects of this DKiG, the DKiG I got a few weeks ago had a lot of red showing, and I've now managed to trace the route from the veteran it came from, happy it's the real deal, AND it has the "so called" too much red showing!!!

Thoughts??

Comment

Seeing Red

Hi Skip,

The reason for mentioning the Association pages is mainly for newer members to look over there and see the weath of information. I have to remind myself sometimes to go over there first.

Lenny,

In previous discussions, those more knowledgeable than myself have identified that too much red showing, i.e. too small a wreath is usually a sign of trouble. Is that true every time? I'll let someone more knowledgeable than myself decide that. (Did I mention that I'm not too keen on the catch as well?) There are just too many points on this one that I don't like, and therefore would give the "thumbs down" in this particular instance.

The other DKiG posted by Skip is much nicer, and there's nothing that I can really say is incorrect. Without weights, measurements, etc., it's even harder. But, nothing ventured, nothing gained.
            Cheers,

Bill Moran

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X