DKiG opinions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DKiG opinions please

Like to hear what you all have to say to this first piece, apparantly marked "20" on the back of the pin.

Thanks.Skip
    Attached Files
    LOOKING FOR ALL ITEMS CONNECTED TO HERBERT SCHOB.

and the back.Sorry that the swaz is gone, but this is good ol´germany
    Attached Files

Comment

This one's a little tougher

Since I ventured an opinion on the other, I'll try this one as well. The rivets, pin and catch all look correct to me, using the article as a reference. (Makers mark, although not visible, is in the correct location, i.e. underneath the pin.) The wreath looks about right, but the sunburst pattern bothers me a little - but it may be correct. I can't say for sure on this. Perhaps François Saez and/or Jacques Calero can provide a definitive answer - or someone else for that matter!
      Cheers,

Bill Moran

Comment

How much does it weigh?
        Can you post a close-up of the date?

George
        George

Comment

This piece is genuine-100%.You can read the comments by Carsten-Baldes Here:http://www.aga-on-fire.beep.de/

Comment

As George has said we would need to have some weights, exact measurements and a good clear shot of the front and the 1941. The obverse picture is terrible, you can’t really make out much from that, however the reverse shot does show some positive signs that this is a genuine Zimmermann DK.

Regards

Dez

P.S. It appears to me that Zimmermann DK’s are the most commonly encountered, has anyone else noticed this? Did Zimmermann produce far more German Crosses than the other manufactures?
            Last edited by Dez H; 08-06-2002, 04:59 AM.

Comment

Dear Dez,

exact measurements and weight actually ARE in Baldes´ expertise at the link two posts above. The cross seems to be fine.

And yes, it seems Zimmermann was the most prolific maker of DKs.

Cheers, Frank H.
              Cheers, Frank

Comment

Thanks for all the response on this, I,m now waiting for pics of the front uncensored.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X