New Spanish cross in silver with swords by Steinhauer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Spanish cross in silver with swords by Steinhauer

Last acquisition , silver cross marked 835 , silver content used by Steinhauer & Luck.
    jacques
    Attached Files

Reverse
    Attached Files

Comment

Jacques

I have one just like it, also marked 835. I had no idea it was by S&L and had thought Meybauer or Deumer, based on the sword hilts.

Out of curiosity, what is the S&L connection?

Rich
      Interested in hand-stitched EM/NCO LW insignia and cuff-titles
      Decorations of Germany

Comment

Steinhauer & Luck spanich cross..

Salut Jacques,

Very nice SC !!

I remember a SC in Silber I have in 1997 with 800 & L/16 stamped to the back, Steinhauer & Luck made silver cross marked 800 and probably 835, IMHO 835 is for Meybauer crosses.

As I know you, I'm quiet positive you have surely double checked all details to come to this conclusion (Steinhauer & Luck), is this 835 cross very different in details from the Meybauer ones? especialy the hinge?

Amicalement,

Philippe
        www.majorplm.com

Last edited by Philippe; 11-09-2004, 01:12 AM.

Comment

Absolutely Beautiful!!! She's in great shape too.......one of my favorite awards.

Thanks for showing,
          Mike

Comment

Meybauer crosses , whatever the mark ( 900 + shild, L/13, 900) have different design regarding the swords hilts, hinge . This one could look like the Deumer ; same well cut swords hilt, but it differs regarding other details like eagles, eagles swastica, central swasia and attach system.
            For at least these reason I do believe it's not a Deumer or Meybauer.
            Harald Geissler in an old IMM presented it as a Steinhauer too.

Thanks
            jacques

Comment

Jacques,

Could you post a Deumer, S&L and a Meybauer together? I don't have any marked for maker so I don't know which is which.

Thanks

Rich
              Decorations of Germany

Comment

from left to right:

Steinhauer 835
                Deumer L/11 in a square
                Meybauer 900 without coat of arms
                Attached Files

Comment

Nice & Unusual!

Hi Jaques, nice and unusual cross, one worn with pride for a long time. I do not think these can be shown often enough... if more people studied these real ones, the fakes would become so much more evident... Nice Cross mon Ami!

Comment

Jacques et al,

I'd appreciate it if you could take at look at mine:
                    silver with swords http://rgordon4.tripod.com/decorations/id54.html

Bronze with swords http://rgordon4.tripod.com/decorations/id53.html

Would you say both are S&L? As you can see from the text I had thought both were Meybauer as I compared to one marked with the Meybauer crest and all seemed the same in details. The hilts and eagles looked the same but maybe I'm mistaken?

Rich
                    Decorations of Germany

Comment

Rich

Your silver cross is beautiful, better condition than mine and in case ! I do think is not a Meybauer. As I said previouly some details are the same as the Deumer, but without furthermore proof, I stay in my former opinion.
                      Your bronze cross is fine too and it's a Meybauer . it has no mark ? never mind, all the details correspond to the Meybauer. if you part of it, let me know.
                      jacques

Comment

Jacques

Thank you for that additional information. Yes, the bronze one is very nice and I think early but no maker marks. I will put you name beside it on my collection spreadsheet so that I know to contact you first when the time comes to sell.

Rich
                        Decorations of Germany

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X