Interesting 1957 early rk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting 1957 early rk

I saw this on ebay. Very interesting rk, with small oaks on the core. Both the cross and loop are marked 800.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bugibbian; 11-08-2004, 11:24 AM.

reverse
    Attached Files

Comment

I have a very silly question that doesn't really have anything to do with this cross. Why do most of these eBay seller have bluury out of focus front pictures and good reverse pictures? Very concearning.

-Shane

Comment

In actual fact I had that same question. I asked the seller for a clear photo and he did not reply either. The oaks look interesting and smaller than usual, date sharp, but there seems to be rust, which must be the reason why it is blurred. n Unless it is an improvised core from an ek2!!

Originally posted by Shane Bennett
        I have a very silly question that doesn't really have anything to do with this cross. Why do most of these eBay seller have bluury out of focus front pictures and good reverse pictures? Very concearning.

-Shane

Comment

Hi,

That was a really nice 57er grouping. I just saw it finished at almost 800 Euro. The RK looked good to me. Smaller oakleaves to me indicates a different (rare) maker. Definitely not an EK2 core imo - it would fall out for a start and the EK2 oakleaves are actually fairly large anyway.

Regards
          Mike K
          Regards
          Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Look at the very small ring....and the low '3' in 1939!

I'll bet you boys know who made the cross
            Regards,
            Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Kane
              Look at the very small ring....and the low '3' in 1939!

I'll bet you boys know who made the cross
              Interesting! Well spotted!!

A 57er Souval RK - or a messed with Souval RK repro??? If the former, a new die for the core would have been required but they kept the low 3 design? Again, interesting!

Regards
              Mike K
              Regards
              Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Good observations. The small oaklaves look like the one shown in the official German Government's 1957 award guideline document. And thanks to Dave and Mike this has ben identified as a possible Souval. I wish I got a clear picture to see the beading and core better.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X