No announcement yet.

Klein DK - curiosity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mathias- I am not taking any jabs at the cross you have posted, but the "134" does look odd. The fake "134", which has made the rounds, and the one Mathias posted look somewhat similar. Could someone post them side by side? Also, the fake Kleins are slightly under 63mm. Any dimensions? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by tom hansen
      Mathias- I am not taking any jabs at the cross you have posted, but the "134" does look odd. The fake "134", which has made the rounds, and the one Mathias posted look somewhat similar. Could someone post them side by side? Also, the fake Kleins are slightly under 63mm. Any dimensions? Thanks
      this is the other 134 I own
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by M. Zimmer
        this is the other 134 I own
        no more opinions ?

Comment

My opinion is that it's an unusual, original "134" DK.
          George

Comment

Well, I had hoped as well that more people would chime in. If you look carefully at the "134" that Mathias has on his "upside down" Klein, the "134" is in fact differerent from the fake "134" stamp posted as well as the other "134" fake stamp that Marcus had on his cross. There appear to be at least two consistent styles of "134" stamps that I have have found on the forum attributed to original crosses. The orignals both have a "fatter" "1" And a higher horizontal componant of the "4" relative to the fakes.

Mathias, again, could you tell us the dimensions of the cross you have? Thanks

Comment

Exactly 63 mm

Originally posted by tom hansen
              Well, I had hoped as well that more people would chime in. If you look carefully at the "134" that Mathias has on his "upside down" Klein, the "134" is in fact differerent from the fake "134" stamp posted as well as the other "134" fake stamp that Marcus had on his cross. There appear to be at least two consistent styles of "134" stamps that I have have found on the forum attributed to original crosses. The orignals both have a "fatter" "1" And a higher horizontal componant of the "4" relative to the fakes.

Mathias, again, could you tell us the dimensions of the cross you have? Thanks
              Attached Files

Comment

There you have it. It is certainly a very interesting original cross. Again, the fake type which has been featured by Detelv as one of his fakes of the week is slightly under 63mm and has the thinner, sharper digits of the "134".

I have a Godet DKiG where the stamp is rotated 90 degrees from conventional orientation. I would guess that things like this occurred and are just interesting. I think equally as interesting is the style of the stamp "134" that Mathias posted.

Thanks for posting this, Mathias. Did you send a PM to Ivan to have him look at this as well? I would think he would find this interesting.

Comment

Unfortunately Zimmer's maker photos are not enough bigger to give an opinion, would be bigger as Tom's examples.

..weights ?

Ivan Bombardieri

Comment

Originally posted by IVAN
                    Unfortunately Zimmer's maker photos are not enough bigger to give an opinion, would be bigger as Tom's examples.

..weights ?
                    Hello Ivan,

the weight is 45 grams

Mathias

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X