Rk on Ebay again....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rk on Ebay again....

Have you seen this....Is it a fake as well???
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=2281395541
    Have absolutely no experience with RK. Got some pics if anyone want to see. Can`t post so send me PM and i`ll send them.

Terje

Look here my friend.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=72355

Dietrich
    B&D PUBLISHING
    Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

so is the 900 the only thing not sure of? how does the construction look

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony Evans
        so is the 900 the only thing not sure of? how does the construction look
        It is a fake thru and thru - it does not resemble any known or even disputed maker. That's about as much as one can say about it.

Dietrich
        B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

I'm amazed it's reached $577 dollars and the description admits it may not be original!

Comment

Thanx Dietrich.
            This is why this kind of sites are great. Newbies like myself will fall for this kind of offers.

Terje

Comment

Terje,

you are welcome! And if or when you stick to one of the basic rule, which is "Ask first, buy later" (some here do the opposite....) then you will have a very nice and solid collection over the years.

Dietrich
              B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

you got to love the ss connection!!!! it HAS to be real cos of that!!! and it finished at over $2000, fools and there money........

Comment

Originally posted by paddywhack
                  you got to love the ss connection!!!! it HAS to be real cos of that!!! and it finished at over $2000, fools and there money........
                  ...and you've gotta love the way the seller pretends to be so naive. He calls it a "German War Cross" like he doesn't know what it's really called. But then mentions the core is magnetic, the hallmarks, or lack of, and the length of the suspension ring. He knows to check the magnetic properties but does not know he has an RK? Yeah right!

Just from his description you can tell it's a con, even without looking at the pics of the actual RK.

An obvious error on the name tag is "SS", this surely would of been typed with the SS Runic key which was on all Third Reich era German typewriters.

Comment

Strider....Lad you need to spend the $25 and join the Association! You sound like someone who will be of value here.....(we) are few and far between....ex pat. I mean

Regards,
                    Dave

Comment

Typewriter runic keys

An obvious error on the name tag is "SS", this surely would of been typed with the SS Runic key which was on all Third Reich era German typewriters.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
                      Strider,

Greetings from another ex-pat.

Not all Third Reich era typewriters had the runic key. Many typewriters used by official organisations and the SS itself would have had these keys, but it wasn't a standard feature of normally available commercial typewriters.

The promotion document below comes from a small Division Nord group. The typewriter used didn't seem to have a runic key.

All the best,

David
                      Last edited by Frosch; 12-14-2005, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Just an addition to David's true reply (nice doc anyway) - as far as I know the typewriters with runic-keys did not come up before 1936/37.

All documents with SS typed in runes that I have seen so far are after 1936.
                        Another aspect is the availability of runic-typewriters. They were not always and everywhere present. Many Waffen-SS units in the field used just what they could get, even non-german typewriters in occupied countries.

Kind regards
                        Robert

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Kane
                          Strider....Lad you need to spend the $25 and join the Association! You sound like someone who will be of value here.....(we) are few and far between....ex pat. I mean

I keep meaning to join up properly, especially as I'm thinking of parting with some Fallschirmjäger ID docs. I'll have to get my finger out!

Lee
                          www.psywar.org

Comment

Originally posted by Frosch

Not all Third Reich era typewriters had the runic key. Many typewriters used by official organisations and the SS itself would have had these keys, but it wasn't a standard feature of normally available commercial typewriters.
                            Good point, I didn't give that enough thought!

Lee
                            www.psywar.org

Comment

Feel bad about the poor bastard that have to pay $2000 for a fake. Can`t repeat enough how important it is to have sites like this.....It could have been me.......

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X