CollectorsGuild

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What can you guys tell me about this EK2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What can you guys tell me about this EK2?

Hi guys,

I was wondering what you can tell me about this EK2.

I'm afraid it's the only picture I have as the cross is under glass.

I hope this shows enough detail for you.

Thanks,

Bolty.
    Attached Files

And this......

And also this cross:

Comment

Originally posted by BoltThrower
      And also this cross:
      No one?

Comment

Originally posted by BoltThrower
        No one?
        Not sure what you are after, both items look good, original pieces, however the EK2 is in poor condition and I would pass, it is quite easy to pick up a nice example without the rust this one displays. Ribbon on the EK2 does not look original to the piece.

Comment

Originally posted by Dez H
          Not sure what you are after, both items look good, original pieces, however the EK2 is in poor condition and I would pass, it is quite easy to pick up a nice example without the rust this one displays. Ribbon on the EK2 does not look original to the piece.
          Thanks Dez. There is a lot to learn about these and I have the chance of this one. I wanted an opinion as this one is available now. If someone had looked at the picture and instantly said, it's a repro, it would be appreciated, as it's original, that makes me feel better.

The EK2 does come with a letter to the father of the recipient. Would that be worth while?

Thanks for you help though. It's appreciated.

Comment

Hi Bolty, I think the cross is OK too, but a lot would depend on price for one like this? The letter, if original, would certainly add some interest. The content of the letter would also be important in regards to the mans unit, actions fought in, etc. Is the letter just a general letter home or one perhaps sent to the mans next of kin if he was KIA? All the factors will affect "value". Good condition EKII's with original ribbon seem to sell here on the E Stand for between £50 and £70 depending on condition and maker. Rarer types will make much more.

The War Merit Cross looks fine too.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian Stevenson
              Hi Bolty, I think the cross is OK too, but a lot would depend on price for one like this? The letter, if original, would certainly add some interest. The content of the letter would also be important in regards to the mans unit, actions fought in, etc. Is the letter just a general letter home or one perhaps sent to the mans next of kin if he was KIA? All the factors will affect "value". Good condition EKII's with original ribbon seem to sell here on the E Stand for between £50 and £70 depending on condition and maker. Rarer types will make much more.

The War Merit Cross looks fine too.

Cheers, Ade.
              Thanks Ade.

Now that I've become a member, I've started posting images to my questions, which certainly helps.

I'll see if I can get a translation of the letter.

I think it may be a letter to the next of kin after the recipient was KIA, meaning ,I suppose, it's a posthumous award.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X