Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medal bar for review

Hello all,
    I was offered this bar and want to know the forum member's opinions before i make an offer. Is it authentic? What is the value?
    Thank you,
    Dave

Ekii is fake - sorry

Comment

Im afraid Michal is correct,A poor copy also.

Comment

Yes Michail is right this is very bad copy

Comment

Nothing To be sorry about, that's why it's posted here! Thank you all for your expert opinions. I guess there's a reason he priced it at $300. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!

Comment

Just curious to see what you all think of the other medals? Is the entire bar made up of fakes? What elements of the cross gave it away is a fake?

Comment

Can you show the back of the medal bar? I could just be that the EK2 was removed or lost and replaced with the first thing that came along.

I do like the mounting...it looks convincing but seeing the back would also help.
              Interested in hand-stitched EM/NCO LW insignia and cuff-titles
              Decorations of Germany

Comment

I am waiting on pics of the back. The seller said that it came out of a photo album so it's missing the pin and has glue residue on the fabric. I'll post the pics when they arrive.

Comment

Here is the picture of the back:

Comment

I agree On the EK2 Tom

Comment

Thanks to everyone for the input. Let me ask this: if i can get the bar for a good price and change out the EKII with an original, is that ok or is it frowned upon? Would anyone else consider doing that? What would you offer to pay for this bar as-is?
                      Thanks again,
                      Dave

Comment

The 4yr Long Service looks suspicious too me.

Is this a shadow or actually a raised rim on the top of this medal?

As an after thought I myself would pass on this bar.

It appears to be more trouble than it is worth.

You can always pick up a better one.

Wayne
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by bytown; 02-11-2014, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Why bother with a bar with this much corrosion? There's the likelihood that it will only spread to the other medals on the bar, especially the zinc Ostmedaille. Save your money for a nice medal bar without issues.

Bad corrosion circled in red...

Robert
                          Attached Files

Comment

Well Wayne ... a few service medals have high rims which are less common - ...
                            But as Robert pointed out the corrosion problems .... wait for something better - Dave .

Douglas

Comment

I'm not wild about the pebbling on the KVKIImS either .... looks like a Westwall and Ost medal are all that could be salvaged

The blue/green verdigris could be that fake suff the fakers paint on the add age ... aren't long service awards supposed to be magnetic ? or is it just some that are ?

Ian

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X