Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK1 and case question

Hi fellows:

Would it be okay for a WW1 Iron Cross 1st Class to be in a WW2 EK case (the kind with the white flocking, and not say purple)? And, if this is okay, how common is this? My theory is that if this is okay, it would apply to WW1 EK1s made during the Third Reich era.

Thanks,

John

Hi John,

Imo, technically a pre-30s EK1 in a WW2 case would not be OK. It's not uncommon as crosses/cases have been mistakenly or deliberately mismatched or "married" in the last 60 years.

A Third Reich produced 1914 EK1 in a Third Reich case would be appropriate though imo (LDO preferably but non-LDO would probably be OK too). They probably aren't that common though as almost all LDO 1914 EK1s I've seen have been loose. The again, would/should a properly marked and matched set command a higher price??

Regards
    Mike K
    Regards
    Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Hi Mike:

Thank you for the information. I think you are right in that many cases and crosses got mated over the last 60 years or so. I also agree if you had a WW1 EK1 with WW2 markings in a case that matched, that you would have a premium item.

John

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X