Opinions on this RK please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions on this RK please

A friend of mine asked me to show this RK on the forum and se what you guys think. Both the frame and loop are marked "800". This looks identical to the one on page 336 of Gordon's book:
    Attached Files

Reverse:
    Attached Files

Comment

Here is a closeup of the central obverse:

Comment

Closeup of the 1939 date:

Comment

closeup of the 1813 date. Note the tall 8 and the backward-leaning 3:

Comment

Closeup of the 800 mark and loop:

Comment

Well, well, well, another rounder! Identical to that in Gordon's book, as you have mentioned, but with a 800 stamping. At least this one is not mint!. The jury is still out as to the originality of these crosses.

Best,

Comment

Originally posted by Harry
                Well, well, well, another rounder! Identical to that in Gordon's book, as you have mentioned, but with a 800 stamping. At least this one is not mint!. The jury is still out as to the originality of these crosses.

Best,

But we've seen period photographs of RK's being worn with the round inner edges.

Right?

Yuri

Comment

Originally posted by Yuri Desyatnik
                  But we've seen period photographs of RK's being worn with the round inner edges.

Right?

Yuri
                  Aggressive finishing in the opinion of many, myself included.

Roy

Comment

Yes, I've resisted posting all the while hoping someone might offer something different! However, Yuri the 'photos' shown are not in any way conclusive and at one time after much discussion (regarding) a Signal magazine print was given the 'go over' it was agreed that the cross was a Juncker......as Roy suggested just a bit aggressive in the finishing!
                    Regards,
                    Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Kane
                      Yes, I've resisted posting all the while hoping someone might offer something different!
                      Dave, we all know you can't resist
                      Roy

Comment

Roy, I've been to therapy regarding these 'Rounders' and they effectively blocked my recall of when I first saw them hit the shows.....

I 'heard' but don't remember that they used to show up with 'varient' Oaks quite often but eventually these Oaks disappeared leaving only the crosses.

I'm cured for the moment.....but I wonder if our new Moderator will be able to shed some light on this!!!

Talk about (his) first night!!!! Sorry, Steve but man, you accepted
                        Regards,
                        Dave

Comment

Don't take the bait on your first day Steve...turn it over to ol' George
                          R

Comment

George is stroking his rabbit....

Leave him alone he needs the break
                            Regards,
                            Dave

Comment

Dave, Roy,

me also cannot resist...

Yes, the Signal pictures were finally deemed to be an overly reworked Juncker, but does that make all the numerous wartime pictures showing crosses with round inner corners a refiled Juncker?

In all fairness, this is not a good argument.

The jury is out on this type and there are more pro's than con's, but it is not prooven either way.

We are on the thin ice of believing or not and my believe happens to be positive about this type, and thats no secret.

To pair a cross with 'variant' oaks doesn't make the cross bad (or the oaks good..., and as you said, Dave, you heard things...

And don't drag Steve into this one on his first day..

Dietrich
                              B&D PUBLISHING
                              Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X