Oberleutnant Willy Kroymanns?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oberleutnant Willy Kroymanns?

These photos were posted on another forum. The awards are attributed to Willi Kroymanns, a very late RKT (while some say he wasn't one)

The OdR admitted him, but there are no records of his award ever taking place.

According to some books, he got the Ritterkreuz am 20.01.1945 als Oberleutnant and Führer der 5. Kompanie des Fallschirm-Jäger-Regiments 12.

Fantasy grouping?
    Attached Files

Sure wish we could get a nice good clear look at that Preliminary document. It should be signed by Gen.Lt. Maisel. I checked my files & notes and it shows I never met him. Also I wrote to him and asked for a photo, but he never answered my letter. Funny, but I remember the town he lived in, it was Kleve, Germany. ( I think ) Tom

Comment

From a quick glance on my phone....its obvious that the pilot's badge in this grouping is a reproduction. So as far as the grouping being unmessed with....

Comment

Hola Sepp,

Im with Tim, The pilot and Para are not good, they are obvious repro even on this bad picture.

Seb
        The German Luftwaffe Pilot and Combined Pilot and Observer Badges of WWII 1933-1945
        Volume I & Volume II

sigpic

Now Available
        www.luftwaffepilotbook@gmail.com

Comment

On first glance, the KC, FJ and Pilot seem to be Souval pieces ....

Comment

Willy Kroymanns where not awarded the Knight's Cross during World War 2.
            He is not listed by Veit Scherzer, and is removed from Fellgiebel's 2000 edition and onwards. No indication of his award in BA. Only the fake document shown here as proof of his RK.

The shown picture is post-war.

Comment

Originally posted by LRRPS View Post
              Willy Kroymanns where not awarded the Knight's Cross during World War 2.
              He is not listed by Veit Scherzer, and is removed from Fellgiebel's 2000 edition and onwards. No indication of his award in BA. Only the fake document shown here as proof of his RK.

The shown picture is post-war.
              But he was accepted by the OdR.

Comment

OdR is in no position to award the Knight's Cross. Kroymanns was neiter a de facto nor a de jure recipient of the Knights Cross.

Comment

I only know this: He was a member of the OdR. He is listed in all their members books going back as far as at least 1982. SO.......why did the OdR accept him as a member and did they dismiss him ???? Interesting story. I wish I knew the answer. I just re-checked my OdR books just to make sure, and YES he was a member. Tom

Comment

Kroymanns was neiter a de facto nor a de jure recipient of the Knights Cross.
                    What reasons do you give for making this statement? The question is not asked as a criticism, but so that we can be sure this is correct. If he isn't a recipient of the RK then he is a liar/ pretender and the OdR has made a mistake so it's important that we know the facts.

Comment

I sent an email to my OdR friend. I asked him if he could look into this for us. Tom

Comment

The OdR shows him as a RKT member until his death. I guess it's what book info you believe. I know he had a letter from his Army Group Commander awarding him the RK. That must have been good enough proof for the OdR. Tom

Comment

OdR was not, and still isn't, in any position to award the KC. Would and awarding by the CMOH Foundation be accepted as a legal award of the MOH? No.

Kroymanns isn't listed by Fellgiebel anymore. Veit Scherzer doesn't mention him. The legal procedure behind the awarding of the KC is explained in detail in a reply by WAst to Dörr. A copy of this is printed in recent editions of the Bibilio series "Die Ritterkreuzträger". There is no evidence in Bundesarchiv about his award or award process. Nothing. Kroymanns only proof is a post-war photograph and the document shown.

The document shown is a forgery. It is signed by Gen.Lt Linnarz, who was in the Heeres - Personalamt. Kroymanns served in the LW. A document to a LW Knights Cross holder would never be signed by Heeres-Personalamt.

Fourth, attached in a wartime photo of Kroymanns, compared to his RK-photo.
                          Attached Files

Comment

All very helpful information. LRRPS, do you know the approximate date of the first picture, and when he became an officer?

Comment

OdR was not, and still isn't, in any position to award the KC. Would and awarding by the CMOH Foundation be accepted as a legal award of the MOH? No.

Kroymanns isn't listed by Fellgiebel anymore. Veit Scherzer doesn't mention him. The legal procedure behind the awarding of the KC is explained in detail in a reply by WAst to Dörr. A copy of this is printed in recent editions of the Bibilio series "Die Ritterkreuzträger". There is no evidence in Bundesarchiv about his award or award process. Nothing. Kroymanns only proof is a post-war photograph and the document shown.

The document shown is a forgery. It is signed by Gen.Lt Linnarz, who was in the Heeres - Personalamt. Kroymanns served in the LW. A document to a LW Knights Cross holder would never be signed by Heeres-Personalamt.

Fourth, attached in a wartime photo of Kroymanns, compared to his RK-photo.
                              I DID NOT SAY THAT THE ODR awarded it, I said they did not challenge his documentation and they made him a member. I never Said the OdR awarded him the RK to him !!!!!!!! Damn man, READ what I wrote ! I NEVER SAID THE ODR AWARDED HIM THE RK. NOW you got It ??????????? Geez

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X