No announcement yet.

RK/KC Advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe a bit rude te ask, but whats the value of a cross as shown in this topic ?

Comment

Originally posted by Leroy View Post
      No one knows with proveable certainty when this particular cross was made. All that can be said is that the frames were made sometime between 1939 and 1957. Everything else is pure conjecture and opinion.

i agree.

Comment

Value wise, anywhere between $500 and $10000 depending on when it was made. If it is a wartime B frame then closer to the top end, if post war then close to the bottom end.

Comment

RK/KC Advice needed

Hello again, I truly thank everyone for their expert opinions. I know it can take years to learn what some of you freely share and it is much appreciated. Michael

Comment

RK/KC Advice needed

Originally posted by Leroy View Post
            I'm not quite sure I understand your question. In Post #5, before anyone had a chance to look at your new and better photos, you were already saying "Here are some pics that are hopefully better. Yes it is a S&L post war to my knowledge." I assumed from this quote you already thought you knew something about it before you posted.

Yes, at some point after the war S&L made swastika-cored crosses for the souvenir/ veteran/ collector market.

Using your improved photos, this cross has a so-called "B" type frame with certain recognizable features (a "bridge flaw" between the 6 and 9 o'clock arms and a "dent row" on the lower 3 o'clock arm) which, among other things, differentiate it from the so-called "A" frame (the frame used by S&L to make most - not all - crosses for award purposes during the war). The "B" frame was also used during the war.

Based on what is known now, the only thing for sure which can be said about your cross is that it was probably made in 1957 or before, and that statement arises from the fact that there appear to be no raised beading flaws on its "B frame" cross arms, a die defect feature which was noticeably common on early "1957 version" crosses with the oakleaf spray in the center (as opposed to the swastika). The frames on this cross were made before that condition developed.
            Hey Leroy, thank you too for your input. I am not a collector or dealer etc that deals in RKs. I only have a few original awards, most of the stuff I collect are personal and field items. I was/am only looking for info on this new piece of mine. I have no plans on selling it any time soon and just wanted to know more about it, what it actually is and what are the minute and subtle differences in it and originals. So as this thread progressed I was finding out more all along from others and my own digging around for more info. I always use the people on the WAF as the final word on most items and I am always very grateful for the help I receive. Thanks

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X