No announcement yet.

Something you don't see everyday...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recently found a 40+ year old photo I took of a collection which shows five TR era manufactures display or sales cases. I recall at the time the overall quality of many pieces appeared to be of late war production. The hinged cases however were all well made and of quality construction. The Knights Cross was missing but the RK KVK was present, which in the photo 'appears' to be of zinc construction.
    Attached Files

Comment

what a superb photo! you are absolutely right these are the same type of barter boards- note the difference in light fading to the bases.
      You also have a good eye as the RK kvk is zinc without a doubt and the board display is EXACTLY the same as mine- so I now know what medal is missing- I was going for a Memel but alas it is only a Westwall. The RK kvk with swords is also missing.
      I love the board with the DKs and removed RK, there was obviously a method to the construction of these items.

Comment

Originally posted by spinnin4s View Post
        Recently found a 40+ year old photo I took of a collection which shows five TR era manufactures display or sales cases. ....
        About the same time frame 35 years ago:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...1&postcount=11

See a connection?

Comment

IMO there is absolutely no chance, that crosses intended to be awarded, were ever produced in zink! This was a high award!
          Exactly, Salesman or shop display boards I have no problem with, Zink RK KvK's awarded - didn't happen, not one awarded RK KVK has ever been found in zink yet- and I strongly suspect never will...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X