EK 1 and EK 2 opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK 1 and EK 2 opinions

I was wondering if anyone could tell me the makers of these unmarked medals, the EK 1 almost looks like a Souval but I can't be sure, the dipped 3 looks good, the rounded corners look good and the outer corners have the distinct edges but its missing the flaw in the upper left part of the cross, so I'm looking for some expert advice, EK2 I have no idea who the maker is

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Hi

The EK1 is a fake I'm afraid

Nick

Comment

Can you explain why, I picked the item up from Klaus Butchek, I have always trusted his opinion and if it is fake I would like to tell him why others think it is a fake? Thanks

Comment

Actually the EK1 looks like a fine original Souval/Orth combination.
                    Cheers,
                    Stefano

Comment

Originally posted by Jmondo View Post
                      Can you explain why, I picked the item up from Klaus Butchek, I have always trusted his opinion and if it is fake I would like to tell him why others think it is a fake? Thanks
                      I stand corrected, Stefano is correct

I saw Floch looking at it on my phone

My apologies I was too hasty

Nick

Comment

Not a problem at all, thank you both for your replies, I know I haven't been collecting that long but to be so far off on an Iron Cross scared me a bit. Glad to hear I still made a good buy

Comment

Any idea why it is missing the flaw on the top? I thought they all had that?

Comment

IMO EK1 Souval frame Friedrich Orth core
                            EK2 little vague the pictures,but I think this is a S & L

Comment

Originally posted by Jmondo View Post
                              Any idea why it is missing the flaw on the top? I thought they all had that?
                              Flaws develop over time, so the frame could predate the flaw. The photos are a bit blurry so it's hard to tell, but the frame could be rotated and the flaw is on another arm. Or the frame could be from a different die struck from the same unflawed master die as Souval's.
                              Best regards,
                              Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X