Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who's the maker of this EKI?

Hello all,

Do any of you know who the maker of this EKI could be?

Thanks

Tony
    Attached Files

Obverse
    Attached Files

Comment

The ribbing on the side makes me think Souval, but I could be wrong?

Comment

Hi,

Why Souval?? It doesn't have the beading characteristics of Souval wartime crosses on the outer corners.

I'd suggest it's an unmarked Deumer. Tony, if you could show an image of the catch in profile (you can get a half-decent scan of this if you tilt the cross), that would help.

Regards
        Mike K
        Regards
        Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Why would it be "war time" I was just going by the flat ribs! Trying to learn

Comment

Hi,

Laurence, this 57er appears to be a high quality early example and my assumption is that it would have been produced from wartime dies, if not actually using left-over wartime components (except the core obviously). Wartime Souval crosses do not feature this beading pattern to the best of my knowledge. The beading on Tony's example, including the die flaws on the 9 o'clock arm, appear to match marked L/11 crosses.

Regards
            Mike K
            Regards
            Mike

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Hi Mike Thanks for the Info

Comment

I do think this is a Steinhauer/Lyck look at the left rim and you will see the typical S/L die flaws.

Mikael

Comment

Thanks very much for the replies guys.

Here are some pictures of the catch and the rib flaw on the left arm. Are you still there Mike, I think it's early evening in Oz at the moment?

Is the flaw to the rib the one you meant Mikael?

I have a Luftwaffe award in the qualification badges section which no one seems interested in so I'd be grateful if any of you can help me out on that one too.

Tony
                  Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hi Tony,

I should have specified a shot of the catch profile taken from the bottom but I can see enough to say that imo the catch has the classic Deumer semi-circular profile (ie not flatwire and not round-wire but flat on the inside and rounded on the outside). The beading and flaws on the 9 o'clock arm still appear to match my wartime Deumer EK1.

Regards
                        Mike K
                        Regards
                        Mike

Comment

That is a Deumer. A Deumer has more straight arm than a S&L. To me the coils ((((( match the ones in a wartime Deumer. The needle and catch is Deumer.

Cheers.
                          Peter

Comment

Thanks very much to all of you.

Tony

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X