ek1 on estand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ek1 on estand

I just listed this unmarked ek1 on estand. Mike K recommended that I post here for discussion.
    Attached Files

reverse
    Attached Files

Comment

side view
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

This a recent repro that flooded the market a few years ago and came variously marked - some even had nice SS dedications.

I'm attaching pics of a couple more of this type of repro....

Regards
        Mike K
        Attached Files
        Regards
        Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Note also the similarity in the hinge/pin/catch construction with the L/54 repro (which also came variously marked) in the following thread;

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=71263

another of the type with the heavily rounded inner corners on the beading...
          Attached Files
          Regards
          Mike

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Sorry bugibban, I thought these were fairly well know. Maybe it's another case of them not having been discussed recently on the forum and newer members not being aware of them.

Regards
            Mike K
            Regards
            Mike

Comment

Mike is abslutely right, we discussed these many times before in the past. Also read this thread for an interesting link to a Coastal Artillery Badge:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=71967
              Cheers, Frank

Comment

Mike & Frank

Do we know where these fakers come from, they are not Mr floch's bargin bin are they?.

Comment

Originally posted by nellyp51
                  Mike & Frank

Do we know where these fakers come from, they are not Mr floch's bargin bin are they?.

Hi Trent,

As far as I know they are not Flochs, they came out of Eastern Europe. Whether they were made somewhere there or simply began appearing there first I do not know.

Regards
                  Mike K
                  Regards
                  Mike

Comment

Is that 2 different types of inside corners? The 3 o'clock corner looks sharper that the rest!

Comment

Hi Mike

Thanks for the information. This ek fooled me and I was not aware of this variant . It looks so good in quality and sharp, but now I can see the items highlighted.

Regards

Henri

Originally posted by Mike K
                      Sorry bugibban, I thought these were fairly well know. Maybe it's another case of them not having been discussed recently on the forum and newer members not being aware of them.

Regards
                      Mike K
                      Last edited by bugibbian; 10-31-2004, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X