Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK1s on Detlev's Site

Hi all,

I was a little late looking at Detlev's Friday Update yesterday and was surprised seeing two WW1 EK1s still available. One unmarked for 185 USD the other maker marked K.A.G. for 191 USD.

I was surprised no one had bought them as these seemed reasonable prices. I was almost ready to buy the maker marked one when I suddenly noticed the cracked iron core just above the W.

They are both still available there today.

Anyone else curious why they haven't been purchased yet (besides the the cracked core)?

Here they are:

Comment

Almost looks like a replacement pin on the first one, but WW1 EK's are not my forte

Comment

Originally posted by Laurence Strong
        Almost looks like a replacement pin on the first one, but WW1 EK's are not my forte
        I don't think it's a replacement Laurence, these things came with pins of great variety ...

Just thought it was unusual that they still both up for grabs tonight. Too expensive? Something else wrong? These type of crosses are gobbled up very fast most times (especially 1st Class).

Comment

Originally posted by h009291
          Too expensive? Something else wrong?
          Nothing wrong with either cross except the price. If a nice L/52 screwback right after these two sold for $210, then $191 for a run-of-the-mill KAG is a bit high.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X