Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iron Crosses

Hello,
    Ive been collecting for about 5 months now and want to start getting serious about collecting. I was wondering the different classes of iron crosses and about how much each one goes for.
    Thanks,
    Moos3

Hi Moos3 from nowhere, welcome to the forum.

Ok there are three major classes of the EK

EK 2nd Class, which hung from a ribbon and was worn on a medal bar, any wher from $80US to under $200 depending on condition and what all comes with it. I.E. package of Issue, documents

EK 1st Class which was pinned on the chest. prices there vary from probably just under $200 to 4-500 in mint shape and with issue case

Then you get into the Knights Cross also know as the Ritter Kreuz or RK, These come in a few different classes, just the plain RK, next you had iit with Oak leaves, then with Oaks and crossed swords, there were some issued in gold and with diamonds, forget them unless you are Idependently wealthy, and you can verify authenticity. Most RK's will run on average for $8000.00 and up. There was a set of just Oak leaves and Swords that was listed in the E-Stand here for 33,000.00 although they never sold to the best of my recolection.

There was also a Grand Cross but I dont know enough about it to tell you much except that they are about as rare as hens teeth. Hope this helps

Comment

Moos3,

Welcome to the most addictive hobby on the planet. First some advice. Become a member, read everything here, buy books, read more.

As for EKs, (Eiserne Kreuz), for 1939 you have 3 basic levels, and prices vary greatly by condition:

2nd Class (the one with the ribbon) goes for upwards of $100, with variants, like the round "3" going up to $300.

1st class may go up to, oh, $300 for a spectacular one without a case, and add another hundred for a case. Screwback and variants will inflate prices.

Knight's Cross goes for upwards of $10,000 based on condition and rarity.

Then you have the War Merit Cross in the same versions as above...you get the idea. E-Stand has very good prices - dealers are usually about 20% higher to cover their overhead and profit.

All of this is VERY general...

Welcome!
      Marc

PS - say goodbye to any savings you ever had!

Comment

Laurence - you type faster than me! But glad we are generally in agreement!
        Marc

Comment

Another convert!!!! Let me help you on your journey......the hobby is incredibly addictive and at the same time wonderfully rewarding
          Regards,
          Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Flak88
            Laurence - you type faster than me! But glad we are generally in agreement!
            Marc
            WOW I'm amazed, the only way I type is "Hunt and Peck", then I have to go over it and proof read and fix all my spelling mistakes . My prices may be a little off, I was going from memory. I know Bill Shea has an RK at the moment for around 8500.00

Comment

Dave,

My wife is gonne kill you if you keep polluting me like this!

Marc

Comment

I know...she's unreasonable so just show her this one!
                Regards,
                Dave

Comment

must...get...rk...MUST...GET...RK...MUST GET RK!!! Yes MASTER!

Comment

OMG Dave, that first RK you posted looks as if it came out of the factory
                    just few minutes ago. So beautiful.

Ran

Comment

Originally posted by Ran
                      OMG Dave, that first RK you posted looks as if it came out of the factory
                      just few minutes ago. So beautiful.

Ran
                      The difference a great photo makes..

He does pull out some incredible photos does our boy Kane....

Ask him for the picture of his Lazy 2...that'll have you down the bank before you can say ....pol-a-roid....

Good luck with your collection

Marshall

Comment

Thanks alot guys. Thank you for welcoming me to the forum. I appreciate it.

Thanks again,
                        Moos3

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X