Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Real or Fake –1939 Screwback EK1

Hi all,

Wanted to get your opinion on this EK1. It is vaulted but I don’t see a maker mark anywhere. Also, for what it’s worth, I can’t get the center to move within the cross. Thanks!

Mills
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

more pics
      Attached Files

Comment

last pics
        Attached Files

Comment

Looks like a good early W&L to me.
          Best regards,
          Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Yes sir, 100% original IMO. Fantastic piece, It's got that great combat worn look.

Enjoy,
            Mike

Comment

Originally posted by streptile View Post
              Looks like a good early W&L to me.
              Hi Trev
              I am inclined for a Juncker EKI (because the thin barrel and disc + screw) with W&L frame and core.

Comment

although the picture is blurred but IMO this is a early Rudolf Waetchler & Lange SB

Comment

Originally posted by fabri-online View Post
                  Hi Trev
                  I am inclined for a Juncker EKI (because the thin barrel and disc + screw) with W&L frame and core.

I agree, I have one of those as well.

Comment

I sold this piece around 10 years ago. Straight from a vet. group. Nice to see it again after all these years!

Comment

Originally posted by fabri-online View Post
                      Hi Trev
                      You might be right, but I consider these W&Ls because I don't have any other evidence that Juncker used W&L frames/cores so early in the war as when this piece was undoubtedly made. So for this type I call it a W&L, but the truth is (I think) no one knows exactly who made it.
                      Best regards,
                      Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

You may be right Trevor, but at the time I posted mine it was "identified" as a Juncker SB with W&L parts.

I do have another one of these with a Juncker frame and a different core though....

Comment

Nice early W&L EK1 Mills ..... I have the matching wide frame EK2 to yours .

Douglas

Comment

Thanks to everyone for the opinions, they are greatly appreciated!

Howard - I didn't know this originally came from you. Had I known, I never would have asked.

Comment

Originally posted by TX 77445 View Post
                              Thanks to everyone for the opinions, they are greatly appreciated!

Howard - I didn't know this originally came from you. Had I known, I never would have asked.
                              Yes, this piece was one of the items I used to get the "business" up an running.

I think I have some old Polaroid photos of it around somewhere.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X