Thanks for the help on the badge.

Gailen David

Comment

Das EiserneKruez

Looks like a fake to me, the numbers and swastika>>>>>>>>>>>
        take it from there!@!

Comment

Spange

As I said, I was sending it off to a top badge guy to examine. This was before a lot of the info on the badge was posted. Well, he got it today and agrees fully with you guys. In his opinion the piece is a reproduction. Thanks for the help.

Gailen David

Comment

Lucky for the potential buyer !!

Originally posted by Gailen David
            As I said, I was sending it off to a top badge guy to examine. This was before a lot of the info on the badge was posted. Well, he got it today and agrees fully with you guys. In his opinion the piece is a reproduction. Thanks for the help.

Gailen David
            Lucky this was picked up before some poor collector bought it just goes to show you have to double check everything before buying, even from dealers.
            Strong wind-magic mist, to Asgard the Valkries fly
            High overhead-they carry the dead, Where the blood of my enemies lies - MANOWAR - Hail to England

Comment

Spange

This is in rsponse to the last post. Just for your information, the spange was sold before I found out there was something wrong with it. I contacted the buyer and told him that information had surfaced that the badge was not correct and that I could not sell it to him. Even if he would have purchased the badge and later information surfaced that the badge was a reproduction, he would again been given a full refund.

Gailen David

Comment

Gailen, you are a class act!
                Regards,
                Marc

Comment

EK1 Spange-Not So Sure

Check out this one,,identical to yours DasEisemeKreuz
                  Attached Files

Comment

EK1 Spange

back
                    Attached Files

Comment

spange

2 thumbs up Gailen!

Comment

When the eagle gives you a "Homer Simpson" look, you know something's right.

Yuri

Comment

Originally posted by Gailen David
                          This is in rsponse to the last post. Just for your information, the spange was sold before I found out there was something wrong with it. I contacted the buyer and told him that information had surfaced that the badge was not correct and that I could not sell it to him. Even if he would have purchased the badge and later information surfaced that the badge was a reproduction, he would again been given a full refund.

Gailen David
                          Gailen - that's great & I am surely not wanting to get into a heated discussion - my point was/is that you are a professional dealer - that's why collectors buy from dealers for the peace of mind...thereby most collectors buying from dealers expect the pieces they buy to be good & that the dealer they are buying from knows "his stuff" & they have no worries that they are buying a reproduction.

Sometimes this just isnt the case.....this is a good example.
                          Strong wind-magic mist, to Asgard the Valkries fly
                          High overhead-they carry the dead, Where the blood of my enemies lies - MANOWAR - Hail to England

Comment

Response

Originally posted by CRAIGGOODWIN
                            Gailen - that's great & I am surely not wanting to get into a heated discussion - my point was/is that you are a professional dealer - that's why collectors buy from dealers for the peace of mind...thereby most collectors buying from dealers expect the pieces they buy to be good & that the dealer they are buying from knows "his stuff" & they have no worries that they are buying a reproduction.

Sometimes this just isnt the case.....this is a good example.
                            Your statement is absolutley correct. When you deal in many different areas of Third Reich collectables it is impossible to have expert expertise in all of them. I am sure that something like this would not slip by me if it was a SS dagger. This was one of the few badges I purchased at the Max which I did not have checked out after I purchased it, wish I had. It is also good to mention that the well known dealer I purchased this item from contacted me after he heard what happen on the forum and offered me a full refund. He was very upset that I taken heat on a badge he sold me and apoligized.

Gailen David

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X