Worth £95?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worth £95?

For those of us (I would assume most ) who cannot afford $10,000 RK, is this a good enough repro?

£95 cased.

Hello,

I would say so, I had one because I thought I would never own an RK, but I have since sold it because I didn't like displaying a repro with genuine awards. You will certainly get your money back on Ebay if you decide to sell it. It isn't accurate in any way to an L/12, the case isn't right etc.. but it has the look, it depends what you are after.

Cheers,

Craig.

Comment

Brat,

If you just want one for filler, or to impress the chicks , it will probably do fine. Very few people actually know what a real RK looks like. I mean in terms of the fine points. I got screwed on one a few years back and I'm with Craig in that I don't even display it anymore. Whenever I need a reality check, I get it out and look at it.

BTW, I would take your 95 and add a few to it to get a nice original piece. Maybe a nice EKI. That's just me though.

Comment

Yeah, I've already got a ek1 & 2, panzer, CCC, wound...so I'm all over the originality stuff...I just can't spend 10 grand on a medal and not have to build a museum to house the bugger

Originally posted by Panzerman
        Brat,

If you just want one for filler, or to impress the chicks , it will probably do fine. Very few people actually know what a real RK looks like. I mean in terms of the fine points. I got screwed on one a few years back and I'm with Craig in that I don't even display it anymore. Whenever I need a reality check, I get it out and look at it.

BTW, I would take your 95 and add a few to it to get a nice original piece. Maybe a nice EKI. That's just me though.

Comment

You'd be better off with a 57'er at least it would be "real".

Cheers,
          David.
          At Rathau on the Aller, the CO of 5th Royal Tanks advanced on foot to take a cautious look into the town before his tanks moved in. He encountered one of his own officers, a huge Welshman named John Gwilliam who later captained his country's rugby team, 'carrying a small German soldier by the scruff of his neck, not unlike a cat with a mouse.' The Colonel said: 'Why not shoot him?' Gwilliam replied in his mighty Welsh voice: 'Oh no, sir. Much too small.'

Comment

-

I have seen worse. If you can´t spend money for an original, I think this can be worth GBP 95.

Comment

Thanks guys, I bought it

Comment

Received it about 2 days ago, it looks ok, beading seems a bit flat but something real surprising is that the cross edges have almost gone black from tarnish! Its not climate, as my souval Ek2 has retained its patina(?) after 2 years.

Any ideas? (and no you get what you payfor cheap shots please )

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X