Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knights cross and Grand cross cores

Hello,

Another question from me: I was looking at the site of emedals and saw a knights cross core (http://www.emedals.com/collectors-ga...-s-cross-g7995) and a Grand cross core:http://www.emedals.com/collectors-ga...he-grand-cross

What do you guys think about these ? Real ? I know that they might came from the Zimmerman hoard but like to make sure they are 100 procent Original wartime. Bumped my head on that one time to many
    Also,i have never done business with Emedals, what do you guys think about them, good service ? Good international schipping ?

As always your opinion is appreciated !

Knights Cross:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

Grand Cross:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

Need some help on those, they look wartime to me, but i am not a expert on those.

Comment

for me not problem

possible price to high..

Comment

eMedals is a class act. No problems for me, ever.
            Best regards,
            Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

As far as doing business with Emedals I have found them to be excellent people to deal with and have purchased several items from them over the past few years.

As to the question of the iron cores, they did produce the RK during the war and so there are existing war time pieces that you can find photos of by doing a search here and see if the core you are looking at conforms to those pieces. To be honest, I don't know why one would want just the core but that is a personal choice.

As far as I know the only accepted wartime producer of the GKdEK was Juncker. I have no idea what was behind these other pieces being produced, if they were produced during war time. There is speculation, and I stress the word "speculation", that after the Juncker factory was bombed Zimmerman took over production of the GK and that these pieces were to be awarded after the war during the great victory celebration like the pieces from Klessheim. Sounds great but by the time the Juncker factory was bombed it was pretty apparent that there was not going to be any great victory celebration from the German side. I have yet to read a reliable story of these pieces. These have been discussed here before and a search should bring up those old threads for you. I know Dietrich has some opinions on these and perhaps he will post something here for you. Again, I am not sure why one would want just a core? We see the complete restored medal come up for sale on occasion so be patient and you can buy a complete one.

As for me, I would rather put that much money into more "reliable" pieces.

JAndrew

Comment

Originally posted by streptile View Post
                eMedals is a class act. No problems for me, ever.
                I can second that.

Robert

Comment

As always you guys rock !

Much appreciated !!

Chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X