EK2 Maker

Hi gents,would like opinions about maker of this cross,my thoughts are
    Schickle but not sure..
    Attached Files

you are right. that is a schickle piece

Comment

Nice schickle !

Comment

Otto Schickle yes .... is yours magnetic ?

Douglas

Comment

Hi guys,this cross are still for sale on a dealersite,I mailed the seller and the cross are non magnetic,lets hope I can get this cross to my home...
          Attached Files

Comment

Interesting Wulf ... looking at the core type ... a chance it could have a Ni-alloy core .

Douglas

Comment

Hi Douglas,can you give more info about your thoughts?

Comment

Brass core or Ni-Alloy core witch core are produced first or did they make them
                In the same period?

Comment

Brass , Copper , Ni cores and (zinc cores early and later) were used mostly earlier in the war . Regulations required iron cores from the start but manufacturers were slow to adapt/listen .
                  I have both not magnetic core types -- an Ni-alloy core - I only can guess the same material as the frame is made of -- and a brass core .

Deffinitly 2 different core dies ... but - do not know with any certainty if one is 'earlier' than the other .
                  Purely just going by appearance ... the Ni core EK2 has spots of lacquer frame and the other does not . I would guess the Ni core cross might be earlier .
                  I noticed the 2 cores some time ago after I got my first brass core Schickle . It took a good year to find the other core .
                  Being not magnetic I only found out later ( in hand) that it had a Ni core and not a brass one .

A side by side comparison only shows the core differences well .

Douglas
                  Attached Files

Comment

I do not have an iron core Schickle to compare with these 2 .

Douglas

Comment

Great info and great crosses Douglas,have to find me a brass core Schickle too

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X