Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DK Case - in the need for some input...

Hi there,
    As this is a new field to me, I would need your thoughts regarding this DK case... Compared to a good EK1-case that I have, it looks ok - but I am not 100% sure of what to look for. Maybe it's a case for the 1957 awards...?
    Best Regards,
    Mikael

Attached Files
    Mikael G.

More pics...

/M

Attached Files
    Mikael G.

Comment

It's my opinion that this case could well be a fake, I'd like to make 101% sure but I've lost the pictures of my old one, the catch mech I think is the the main thing to consider here perhaps.......although there are one or two other possible pointers.

A '57 box, I don't think so ?

Kr

Marcus

Comment

That "3" there. Is that done with a ball penn?

Cheers.
        Peter

Comment

It looks like it Peter, but I never take anything to much for granted as some period examples were reissued in the '57 time. Whether the boxes were all made up from the war or just the materials at hand.....I don't know ?

It's the lid lining, and the hinge mech I don't like at all.........I'm sure my old fake had this one, now you do have to be careful and look closely becuse some of the catches and the mech's are very similar to the wartime ones........very ! So don't get caught out and just be aware.

When doing searches for my old pic's, they're all gone ! I find that on most search's I do.....frustrating !

Kr

Marcus

Comment

Yes, it is a ball-pen made "3". The inset is made of pressed paper, the glue seems old and dry, and the flocking is of the same type as my original EK1-case. Nothing glows under a blacklight.
            Cheers,
            Mikael G
            Mikael G.

Comment

Might this be the same type of case as the one discussed in a previous thread...? (Although with a different kind of flocking to the inset):

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=69110

/Mikael
              Mikael G.

Comment

I do not think it's a 1957 award case either. My 1957 DKiG award box looks totally different from the one you are showing.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by bugibbian; 10-22-2004, 06:50 AM.

Comment

another
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by bugibbian; 10-22-2004, 06:40 AM.

Comment

Closed. There is no gold lne along the box.
                    Attached Files

Comment

And a single hinge at the back. Excuse this bad photo!!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Mikael,

Your outer covering looks different, your catch is different.

Kr

Marcus

Comment

Hi Mikael,

by my opinion case is a reproduction, sorry.

Ivan Bombardieri

Comment

Att: Marcus...?

I have added a few more pics, of the catch mechanism (which seems strangely new...!), the glue that looks very old, and the marking to the inset "637KB". I don't know what to make of it...
                            /Mikael

Attached Files
                            Mikael G.

Comment

Hi Mikael,

Well here's a turn up for the books !

I don't like that inner cardboard with the corregated effect by any means with the biro mark on it, the glue from the pic's dosen't look old as such, only darkened by the fact that it's gone into the pourus cardboard (corregated effect layer)

I like the catch actually to be honest and the 'rivet' bit popping out of the back, the mech looks okish to me now, as new looking as it might be.

The base as you are aware is a correctly coded 637 for a DK and the KB stands for the makers name not yet known exactly.....but I'm on that and will divulge it in an article.

What to make of your box Mikael.....it's looks as if it could well be genuine, which has confused me. Could this be a combination box and a '57 ? I don't know.

It looks like this box has eluded us and ME.

The very bottom of the case exposed which looks like it's hairy....I like that too.

This box had me fooled and still does....but it's looking better to a degree.

You always come up with nice things, what are the house prices like over there ?

Kr

Marcus

PS Thank you for keeping this alive and not just accepting the words of us, and thus hence educating me

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X