Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK2 Packets. good or bad

Hi
    Opinions please on these two EK2 packets, I have checked various threads but can't make my mind up. Comments good or bad greatly appreciated.

Les
    Attached Files

Rear
    Attached Files

Comment

Check this thread for the packet without maker: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=70499

Cheers.
      Peter

Comment

The paler one is generally considered to be a repro. These have been discussed numerous times here.
        George

Comment

Thanks for your help guys, these were both bought with crosses of the e-stand from another member. It was seeing the ebay packet thread that started me wondering. I will contact him and make him aware.

Les

Comment

The left one looks good, I think that is like the one Giel sent me to look at and Detlev has some for sale.

The pale one on the right, is a fake. Unless there is a genuine packet that pertain's to these traits and having seen what I have, I'd be unable to tell the difference quite frankly.

I have as mentioned before sent these types for analysis.....all bad, not for our collections.

Ask yourself this, they are very common I've seen them on 'dealers' sites across the globe all to recently and they were around 14-15 years ago when I started collecting seriously. With genuine medals or as in my case two 333 crosses.

Gordon Williamson's book, 'The Iron Cross of 1939' he has just about all representative examples of the EK 2 packet, there are minor variations which are more obscure to find if not very 'rare' they might not be in his book (there are enough rare and nice one's in there as it is)

Why isn't this common one in there ?

Kr

Marcus

Comment

my mistake, I was to fast, I know the pale one is most possible a fake and would not sell it as a real one. I had them stored together and they must have been mixed up.
              The darker one, Carl Förster ..., comes from a former factory worker in the southern germany. Detlev have had the same bags,,,,,...

Comment

It's an easy mistake to make, and to be honest people have been 50/50 on them for a long time. Including myself !!

Kr

Marcus

Comment

they dont glow under UV-light, but I think the typefont is a little bad.
                  Maybe they are real, guess we have to find a collector that have had them for a very long time in that case we can maybe accept them as real, until then I will not sell my ones, even not as a repro.

Comment

Hi Guys

Thanks again for your quick replies, and all credit to Daniel for his honesty, he offered a replacement immediately and he didn't have to put a reply in the thread as I didn't say who the member was.

Les

Comment

It's a misconception that all modern paper glows, and indeed coloured paper....there are signs to look for, but all things considered it's not an overly accurate test for all things.

I'm not being as specific as I could be, I don't understand half the information I have to be honest. And all I do is bleat on about this to no avail.

In regards to these packets, I sent them away not for carbon testing something a little more modern.

The conclusive results were they were most definately not prior 1945 manufacture.

Each collector must conclude his own thoughts and be happy with the decision......only near on two years ago my collection constituted 99% fakes, so I'm new at the game in reality, and all my research in this matter like this comes from others. Other more fundimental observations I've deduced for myself, of which any collector could have done, I just opended up a couple of boxes saw some differences and different numbers and contacted a company in Germany still going......the rest is all waffle on the pages of the forum.

I'm no expert, but these for me are fakes.

Kr

Marcus

Comment

In regards to these packets, I sent them away not for carbon testing something a little more modern.

The conclusive results were they were most definately not prior 1945 manufacture
                        Will you please share with us your findings, what tests were done, and how conclusions were reached? Surely you got a printout or something?

Accidentally offending people on the internet since 1997

Comment

I did & do Mark and I will share, not on this open forum just yet......I will explain to a degree in an article I'm 'writing' (huh me eh !)

It cost me good money and I'm doing the same with the hansen - hausen packets of the West Wall fame, there are other award packets with this maker mark too.

All to often I'm expressing this 'testing' as if I'm an expert, pay heed to my opinion etc and I have revelations to share and it's all some big secret........it's not, I just want to format it into an appropiate article properly.....I get things wrong, this process dosen't.

I will pm you though Mark tomorrow, I think it is a responsibility that you as a moderator should be aware of any 'claims' and I think it only proper that perhaps if you're concerned you should be aware of my 'findings' as such.

Kind regards,

Marcus

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X