Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ek1 case

Hi

This case came with a recent purchase and is of very poor quality compared to my other cases. I am posting some pictures of it. It looks so crude, that I would like to hear your comments / opinions. Thanks
    Attached Files

front
    Attached Files

Comment

back
      Attached Files

Comment

inside
        Attached Files

Comment

And the cross that came in it
          Attached Files
          Last edited by bugibbian; 10-17-2004, 01:52 AM.

Comment

A Carl Wild 107. Thanks for looking.
            Attached Files

Comment

Buggiban, I have the same exact case and 107 EK that I picked up in San Diego. My case is in a lot better shape and square just like yours. I bought it from Ed Anderson along with a bronze RS PAB and a bronze unmarked IAB. I was standing there with George Stimson and he brought to my attention a die flaw under the 3 on the core he had seen on other 107s. I went back to the table and made the 3 piece purchase, when George showed up again to buy the cased 107. I did thank George for his help because this was my first original 1939 EK. I hope this helps. Take Care,

Frank

Comment

I am sorry I spelled your name wrong but I went back to check your EK and it has the same die flaw under the 3.

Frank

Comment

Hi Frank

Thanks for that info. Mine came from the UK and the person who sold it to me bought it in the 1960s from the widow of a British ex-serviceman. He was one of the allies who landed on D Day and was advancing through some village in France that was evacuated with extreme haste by the Germans. He entered a Hotel that was being used as a German Headquarters, and found this cased cross in a drawer of a room used by a German officer.

Henri

Comment

Just out of curiosity Henri,does the insert come out? Are there any marking to the insert or base? Also I have a similar case and the push button tension is kept not by the usual spring but long "wires" that go from the button to the rear of the case!............I was wondering if yours has this?

Cheers

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave-B
                      Just out of curiosity Henri,does the insert come out? Are there any marking to the insert or base? Also I have a similar case and the push button tension is kept not by the usual spring but long "wires" that go from the button to the rear of the case!............I was wondering if yours has this?

Cheers

Dave
                      Hi Dave

Yes I did pull the insert partially out and there are no markings, but it is exactly as you described yours. Here is a photo.
                      Attached Files

Comment

That is a perfectly genuine case the wire catch mech is fine for this box and NO markings is correct in my mind on this one......not all of them do of course.

My 107 box is exactly the same and it came with the maker marked outer carton too.

Great box, tatty yes but it's had a life !!! I love it.

Kr

Marcus

PS The cross is fine too, it looks like mine and has the 'dot' at the bottom (bottom arm silver rim a punch mark or is that it at the top ? Bugger.......I should say really does it have one, it looks like it does to me....more at the the top than the bottom on a second look ??)
                        Last edited by MH184; 10-17-2004, 03:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bugibbian
                          Hi Dave

Yes I did pull the insert partially out and there are no markings, but it is exactly as you described yours. Here is a photo.
                          Yep that is just like mine,except my insert is marked 621 K.B and is stamped in ink on the inner base 131. I will take a photo in a minute and post it!

cheers

Dave
                          Last edited by Dave-B; 10-17-2004, 10:31 AM. Reason: wrong info

Comment

Here's the punch mark, not a flaw I think ??

Comment

oop's sorry Dave I'll let you continue, a 621 base great news you have a first for me in the 107 boxes.

Daves off line I'll continue.
                              Last edited by MH184; 10-17-2004, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X