JR. on WAF - medamilitaria@gmail.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opinions Needed on B.H.Mayer EK1 Carton...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too damn good for liking Brian, if you know what I mean.

The K on Kreuz does it for me....along with others in combination. The fake K has a more 'stepped' look and the genuine one is 'curvy' for the want of a better word.

Kr

Marcus

Comment

Okay, lets look at the side and the maker name also:

First up Chris' box
      Attached Files

Comment

Secondly a known fake

Picture is by Neil Howes (I will remove if he so wishes)
        Attached Files
        Last edited by MH184; 10-19-2004, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Genuine example a picture by Stogieman (I'll remove any pic's because I didn't get permission to use these)
          Attached Files

Comment

Now this is difficult to see but look at the 'h' and the bent over vertical line of the letter, see how on the original it more flatter the fake has a little hump in it.

Also to note on the fake, if you were to draw two parallel lines above and below the letters the 'h' on the fake protrudes above the line noticabley.....on the genuine one the 'h' is more level to the other letters.

And that's just one observation of the letters.

And just another quick one look at the '........heim' part of the designation it veers up to a small degree on the fakes.

Kr

Marcus

Comment

More difficult to notice on the smaller logos but again notice the 'e' lean is wrong and the other letters more subtle differences. It really looked good from just photos...
              Attached Files

Comment

Nice one Brian, thats great (I wish I could bloody do that).

Comment

Well done Marcus and Brian, the devil really is in the detail. At first look it looked tjhe exact same as the original. On comparison i can see that mine is the same as stogiemans. Initially my only slight concern was the colour but i put it down to the lighting. I wonder if the interior in Chris's box is more grey than cream? Any thoughts on the colour Marcus?
                  Ronnie

Originally posted by Marcus. H
                  Nice one Brian, thats great (I wish I could bloody do that).

Comment

I also meant to add that its difficult to tell by photos alone sometimes, but in my experience it's more obvious when you have them in your hand, as the difference in feel and texture is more obvious.
                    Regards
                    Ronnie

Comment

No credit to me, Marcus is the expert I just put the photos together. Anytime you need some patchwork let me know Marcus.

Comment

Thanks Brian , I couldn't have done it properly without you, thank you for your help.

Hi Ronnie,

I would have guessed more grey to be honest, but then it could have been aged in some way shape or form or even made from a different batch of cardboard etc etc.

On Neils example if I remember correctly it was grey.

And indeed it is very difficult just from pictures at the best of times.

Kind regards,

Marcus

Comment

Thank you Marcus for the time & all the great info, and thanks Brian for the comparison shots.

Looks like another one for the junk box.

Thanks again guys!
                          Regards,
                          Chris

Always interested in buying Ribbon Bars or anything Ribbon Bar related!!

Comment

wrong forum.
                            Last edited by Das Reich; 07-20-2007, 02:59 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X