Luftwaffe battle of britain EK sets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luftwaffe battle of britain EK sets

This set of EK's has been on Craig's site for awhile now. I have searched this forum and have come up with scant little info on the sets. These sets would have to be a centerpiece of a cross collection and very very rare.Does anyone know if in fact they were awarded exclusively for the battle of Britain? Has anyone ever seen a case like that before with the Luftwaffe eagle?

http://www.craiggottlieb.com/engine/...rman+Militaria

Definitely need clearer photos, front and back, of the EK1.

I don't know about the EK2 case but I've never seen one like it and it's no official case.
    Best regards,
    Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

That's a lot to pay for cases as about $400 would cover the crosses. Perhaps his outfit produced the case for the EKII for a few selected pilots. On of a kind or very nearly so surely or we would have seen 1000s of copies of the variation by now. It would be very interesting to know more.

Comment

All my years of collecting, I don't remember seeing a set like these ? Very interesting I must say.... Tom

Comment

The listing states Craig is aware of additional sets and this one was acquired by Weitze direct from the family.

Comment

This price is downright crazy. How can they be worth that price with no supporting documentation? I've never seen such an EK2 case and agree that its pretty awesome (if legit). But, even with accompanying EK documents I would think the price would be nowhere near $4K.

And, the EK2 would surely be for the campaign in the West if he had 5 kills there, not the Battle of Britain.
            Last edited by Brian R; 10-07-2013, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ccnrecon View Post
              The listing states Craig is aware of additional sets and this one was acquired by Weitze direct from the family.
              i don't think that the i got it from a dealer who got it from the family story really works in a case such as this $4 seems down right madness as its an undocumented case and the same set would cost a very small fraction of it under normal circumstances

Comment

I have never heard of such a thing! Perhaps – in the best case! – privately made?

Comment

EK Set

Precisely where is the supporting evidence for these sets ?

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle Harrington View Post
                    Precisely where is the supporting evidence for these sets ?
                    To my knowledge there is not one ounce of information on this forum about the sets. I lime the Luftwaffe case but how would one value such an items. Perhaps Craig will chime in. He states he knows of other examples.

Comment

Originally posted by streptile View Post
                      Definitely need clearer photos, front and back, of the EK1.

I don't know about the EK2 case but I've never seen one like it and it's no official case.
                      If the reverse shown is the same cross then it's crap.

Nice case for the ek2, never seen anything like it. but 4 k for this set is a bit on the high side IMO..

Comment

Originally posted by ben bijker View Post
                        If the reverse shown is the same cross then it's crap.

Nice case for the ek2, never seen anything like it. but 4 k for this set is a bit on the high side IMO..
                        I agree with Ben here.I have seen a case like the luft one but it had SS on the case and looked just like that one.It was a fake(made in Austria) and it was on Charlie Snyders old list of Snyders S... .I really do not know if this one is fake or not.Has anybody else ever seen cases like that one or have a pic of one like it?

Dennis J

Comment

I thought he earned the EK II while he was with JG 20. Can anyone confirm when he was awarded the EK I and II?
                          JAndrew

Comment

Hi,

some time ago i picked up a few things from private. Including this case.
                            I searched a lot about it but couldn t find any infos. So i believe it s just a private bought case for an EK2. It s UV negative and it looks in all parts original from that time. I would say it s the same one which is on Craigs side, only without the eagle.
                            The button and hinge are magnetic.

Best regards
                            Detlev

ps. i would trade it against some nice imperial stuff.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X