Spanish Cross in Silver by "20"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spanish Cross in Silver by "20"

Showing here my C.F. Zimmerman Spanish Cross in Silver and looking for feedback. All comments as to period originality (or not) will be appreciated.

Thanks for looking,

John
    Attached Files

More:
    Attached Files

Comment

...and a side view:
      Attached Files

Comment

I've never seen anything like it. First impressions don't give me a good feeling but you never know! But lets follow some logic first:

Why would an award that was issued and last awarded in 1939 be marked with the official award piece pkz number which did not come into existence until 1941? It would not make sense. In theory only L/ marked pieces (or unmarked) should exist. Then S&L go and throw that logic to the wind with their '4' marked pieces!
        Last edited by Rich G; 10-06-2013, 04:35 AM.
        Interested in hand-stitched EM/NCO LW insignia and cuff-titles
        Decorations of Germany

Comment

I have stayed away from the non-combat awarded SC's. But as Rich says, Dietrich pretty well outed the PKZ marked SC's as being nearly impossible.

Comment

Just a thought...but that pin looks like one from a DKiG...could it be a replacement, and thus have no bearing on the maker of the badge?

Comment

hey John, i`m sorry but your cross is a fake...

here pics from a Original L/52 marked Zimmermann with swords (but without X it is exactly the same design and pin system)

best,
              Martin
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi,
                Sorry John but this one is a fake. I never saw spanish crosses stamped "20". Zimmermann used L/52 on these medals.
                This one retains nothing which can be compared to original Zimmermann cross or either other known manufactures.

regards
                jacques

Comment

Eagles are crudely detailed, pin, hinge desn't match Zimmermann's production, pebbling lack of details, center is badly soldered, etc..
                  jacques

Comment

OK, guys, a fake it is! Thanks for your feedback. I hate it now, after all these years, when I find fakes sleeping in my collection...but they are what they are and it is better to know when the time comes to downsize and sell.

John

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X