My Newest EKII, with award document and grouping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Newest EKII, with award document and grouping

I was just wanting to show pictures of my newest EK2 awarded to Klaas Huismann. I always liked researching about regular soldiers, especially Iron Cross receipts. I have his Wehrpass, awards and all award documents minus the Wound Badge. In addition, I also found his file on The German War Graves Commission. He was killed in the Crimea Campaign.

Pic: EK2 with award document and pic of soldier from Wehrpass.

Also who do you think the maker of the cross is? It is unmarked, kinda of looks like a K&Q to me.
    Attached Files

Other awards:
    Attached Files

Comment

Could you please provide a larger photo of the EKII? It's hard to make out the details at its current size.

Robert

Edit: It may be a '23'.
      Last edited by Robert P.; 10-05-2013, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert P. View Post
        Could you please provide a larger photo of the EKII? It's hard to make out the details at its current size.

Robert

Edit: It may be a '23'.
        There you go!!
        Attached Files

Comment

It is a '23'. Here are some details to look for on a '23'...

Robert
          Attached Files

Comment

The swastika on this early core stands very tall, actually a little above the beading, and the corners are almost perfect 90 degree angles. I've been looking for one of these for quite some time. Here is an unmarked '23' I bought not too long ago hoping it had the same core as yours. You can see the swastika on my core is a little different. The arms are wider, and the sides of the swastika are a little more 'pyramid' angled...

Robert
            Attached Files

Comment

It is a '23'. Here are some details to look for on a '23'...

Robert
              The swastika on this early core stands very tall, actually a little above the beading, and the corners are almost perfect 90 degree angles. I've been looking for one of these for quite some time. Here is an unmarked '23' I bought not too long ago hoping it had the same core as yours. You can see the swastika on my core is a little different. The arms are wider, and the sides of the swastika are a little more 'pyramid' angled...

Robert
              Robert, thank you for the information. I thought that EK2 he earned looked pretty cool. Stuff like that makes you really appreciate the hobby.

Comment

You're welcome, Stephen.

Robert

Comment

That's a great slice of history. Did you manage to buy the whole collection or just the EK II grouping?

Comment

Originally posted by Tony T-S View Post
                    That's a great slice of history. Did you manage to buy the whole collection or just the EK II grouping?
                    All the medals, award documents (no Black Wound Badge doc though), Wehrpass and Arbeitsbuch.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Outstanding. An amazing record.

Comment

"23" EKs have one of the best designs in my opinion.
                        Best regards,
                        Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Originally posted by streptile View Post
                          "23" EKs have one of the best designs in my opinion.
                          Yes

I'll have to say they are one of my favorite '39 crosses. I like them even with the Meybauer core.

Robert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X