EK1 Field Made!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK1 Field Made!

Thought this was quite neat, what do you think? Pete.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Nice Ek2 to EK1 conversion. Check out these others and then could you post it to the thread?

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...EK1+CONVERSION

Comment

Brehmer Ekii converted to EKi - only question is when it was done, by I like it

Comment

very interesting conversion i wonder what the holes were for

Comment

The holes might have been for anti-rotation posts that have since fallen out????

Comment

Originally posted by AUSGANG View Post
              The holes might have been for anti-rotation posts that have since fallen out????
              thanks

Comment

Hmmm....

The knurled brass nut looks like that used on US peaked cap insignia.

Sorry, but I'm far from being convinced this was a period modification.

Tony
                An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

"First ponder, then dare." von Moltke

Comment

The holes look like they've been filled in from the front. I would have thought that they'd be used to sew the cross on or something. I don't know how you'd tell if this was period or not. I'm interested that the front is quite clean and yet the back is not except for the screw, washer and nut.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony T-S View Post
                    The holes look like they've been filled in from the front. I would have thought that they'd be used to sew the cross on or something. I don't know how you'd tell if this was period or not. I'm interested that the front is quite clean and yet the back is not except for the screw, washer and nut.
                    Good eyes Tony, yes it seems that two holes were punched or drilled from the front end, this has then been soldered shut from the front, i myself would go with the peg theory . Were the tool has gone thru the front it has opened up the frame a bit. The screw post is not clean but has rusted, verdigry to the post, the washer, well its a washer thats all i can comment on that. The brass nut has some toning, not polished . My camera is not the best im afarid but will try for some clouser shots in the morning. Cheers for the replies. Pete.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony T-S View Post
                      I would have thought that they'd be used to sew the cross on or something.
                      I agree - it is plausible that they were holes used to sew the EK to the uniform. Perhaps that didn't work very well and they upgraded it to a screwback for a better result.

I think it has a better chance than most of being period done, but you will never know for sure.

Matt

Comment

As promised heres a couple more shots......
                        Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Does the screwpost have a metric thread?
                            Best regards,
                            Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Ah yes, a good question.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X