Original Field Made Knight's Cross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Original Field Made Knight's Cross

hi I saw this for sale on a dealer website and im interested in getting it however there has been much in the past about these being fake and I would like to run it here first before I decide any help would be great thanks!
    and it apparently has a story to go with it which I will put under this
    FIELD MADE SUBSTITUTE KNIGHT CROSS OF THE IRON CROSS,
    GET BY THE POLISH GUERRILLA
    REMOVED FROM THE NECK OF THE WAFFEN SS OFFICER .

Certainly looks the part but you would want to ensure provenance.

Comment

€390 is a heck of a lot to pay for a damaged EK2 and in very bad condition too.

Without rock solid provenance, I would not even pay one quarter of the asking price, but that's just me. "Removed from the neck of a Waffen SS officer"... with that unused ribbon and no means of attachment??
      Call me cynical, but I believe that this is just a blatant attempt to hustle some extra cash from a hard to sell, poor condition EK2.

A few minutes with a pliers and I could offer you one in better condition for only €200!!

Regards - Danny

Comment

This one has been recently converted it seems . Nobody could wear an award that is not secure, as this is not. Usually the ring is left intact ...Story about its substitution is correct, but unprovable , so likely another scam story, when it is a real story , the value is never going to be beyond the rate of a beater 2nd class, as this one looks like it was worked over on the top. I have a set of what I feel is field made oaks, but am learning to keep more on track.

Comment

What a joke. Someone just bent the ring of a (Grossmann) EK2.

I'd say it's worth about €50 as a damaged EK2... and that's no joke.
          Best regards,
          Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

NO WAY would I buy this cross or the BS story that goes with it !! Tom

Comment

Streptile is this the original ring then? I have to agree I wouldn't even consider it unless I saw the picture of the dead guy it came from and could absolutely match the cross. I'm sure there are real ones out there, but honestly, just more silliness.

Comment

nice story: Bigbaby:

Comment

When it comes to 'field made' items you either believe in the piece or you don't. For this one I don't believe it.

Matt

Comment

i totaly agree with danny70

Comment

This piece is utter junk. For a lot less money you could have a mint cased EK1 off the e-stand i know which one i would go for.

Comment

"Field made" peices usually have more done to them than merely squishing the suspension loop! At least these had some work done on them:
                        Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X