A Souval Grand Cross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Souval Grand Cross

Last edited by coastie; 10-11-2007, 07:48 PM.

First off let me say I know nothing about these. Considering it is a Souval piece, is it legit?

Chet
    Zinc stinks!

Comment

Originally posted by Chet Sowersby
      First off let me say I know nothing about these. Considering it is a Souval piece, is it legit?

Chet
      From Gordon's book it appears to be a post war piece. I'm still looking through the past threads for references and there isn't much on the net about these as well. I've been waiting for some time to snag one of these for my high school display.

Comment

Here is another Grand Cross attributed to Souval. This one might have been produced during the war. (Bill Stump collection)
        Attached Files
        George

Comment

Reverse. It is stamped "800" under the ring.
          Attached Files
          George

Comment

Last edited by coastie; 10-11-2007, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Hi, um I'd just like to ask, what's the difference between a RK and this Grand Cross? Why does it look like a RK? (still new to this hobby)

Jay

Comment

A Grand Cross is larger than an RK. (I'll let someone else supply the actual specs. )
                George

Comment

Originally posted by Generaldirektor
                  Hi, um I'd just like to ask, what's the difference between a RK and this Grand Cross? Why does it look like a RK? (still new to this hobby)

Jay
                  The Grand Cross is slightly bigger both in the size of cross and width of ribbon than the Knights Cross and the GC was only awarded once, the recipient was Hermann Göring.
                  Regards
                  Hans N

Don´t throw away your fake WB´s! Get in touch with me.
                  I collect them for reference purposes for the benefit of the hobby (for the right "fake" price of course).

Comment

Last edited by coastie; 10-11-2007, 07:49 PM.

Comment

So it's bigger, but awarded only to one? So all other Grand Crosses I see being sold are fakes. (And I guess this is impossible to obtain )

Thanks a lot for your help!!!

Jay

Comment

While one was awarded there where in fact made several of them. Göring is known to have had a couple of this award him self, not just one. The maker did most likely make a bunch of these babys, although Göring is the sole recipient.
                        Regards
                        Hans N

Don´t throw away your fake WB´s! Get in touch with me.
                        I collect them for reference purposes for the benefit of the hobby (for the right "fake" price of course).

Comment

As far as I know, Goring had several different Grand Crosses, including a gold version. The Grand Cross was not really a military award as I understand it. The RK was the highest military award. Anyways, I would not put much stock in any Grand Cross you come across. The few real ones that do exist are either in museums or large private collections.

Comment

Last edited by coastie; 10-11-2007, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Well for me, I am a little picky. I would want all of my WWII medals actually made during WWII. But, a person can collect anything they want, and the value is almost always subjective. Who really decides what a collectible is worth on the market anyway (other than the dealers)?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X