RK ribbon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RK ribbon

Hi, here is something I found...got it for almost nothing with the idea that it was probably a repro. I wanted something I could display with a tunic that looked worn. After looking at the ribbon though....it has a lot of characteristics of a real one. The materials and weave are right. It has definitely been worn as it stained and pulled in all the right places and the stitching appears very old. The only problem is that the white glows blue under UV. Normally the kiss of death to me...but I'm just not sure on this one. It just looks and feels right. Perhaps it is postwar worn with a 57 RK? Or maybe the black light test isn't accurate in this case. Or maybe it is just a clever fake. Opinions?
    Attached Files

Andy,

I wouldn't sweat it. Mine does the same thing. It's silky smooth with PRYM snaps and a 65 marked loop and I'm 100% confident it's wartime.
    Attached Files
    WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

SECURE?

Just for a matter of discussion, as I know next to nothing about Knights Crosses but, why would someone use ONLY snaps to wear it? It just seems to me that hooks and ribbons etc. would be much more secure. Heck even buttons! I just don't get the idea of 'snaps'

Comment

Bill,

I guess you don't have much experience with Knight's Crosses! Sure, some liked to use ribbons and tie them in a bow, or ribbons with some sort of buckle assembly, or like mine attach either male or female snaps to a uniform and keep it simple. Maybe others (like Chris Boonzaier) will provide pics of their KC attachment methods.
        WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

You are right! But, if I had won an award like that I think I would have wanted to keep it! Those snaps just don't look like they would hold any kind of weight including the 29-34 grams of a Knights cross especially in a combat area. The one that Andy bought from the guy on Ebay at least looks like it could 'hang-on' but snaps are just not what I would have chosen...heck I would have used a chain and a padlock.
          Nope, I'll go for the 'secure' method! And, check this out ( I ain't good on computers) there's one one on E-ban right now and that's how I'd like mine to be hangin'
          Bill

Comment

Try this http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=2127526125
            John
            Regards,
            Dave

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X