first Ek2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

first Ek2

Hi guys just recieved my first EK 2, well should say its my first award period, and can now see how this could become habit forming, it was sold as unmarked but looking at the ring I noticed something hard to read but with a jewlers loop saw a 100 MM, Cant post pics I will become a member soon, but any know who made this cross mm 100?
    thanks in advance
    Rob miller

Rob,
    Congrats and welcome to the most addictive hobby since crack! 100 would be Rudolf Wachtler & Lange of Mittweida. I suggest you become a member, read everything, and get some EK books like Gordon Williamson's book "The Iron Cross of 1939" and also Previtera's "The Iron Time." Both are awesome.
    WELCOME,
    Marc

Comment

Thanks for the info Marc , she's a beauty too boot

I sure will buy several books
      again thanks
      Rob

Comment

Frosty the EK2

Here is Rob's EK2:

Comment

Ohh Rob,

you lucky little devil. Where did you find this lovely cross? Welcome to the "mm100 as your first EK2" Club! This was also my first EK2 and mine was in about the same shape as yours. Let me know if you every decide to sell it as I collect this maker.

A very good choice on your first EK2. You could not have started with a better first example for the price.

I applaud you on your new award. A real looker!

-Shane

Comment

Actually lucky enough to aquire this off the estand from a member
            also included was an envelope but not from the same maker as the cross
            maker on the envelope is Gustav Brehmen sp? and the ribbon is 11.5 inches,
            (292 mm) long 30mm wide would this also be correct?
            thanks so much you guys the help this forum is the best

Comment

Ahhh, so you're the one who bought her. Good pick she's a beauty and your pics are much better than the seller's pics were. She really does shine like a diamond.

-Shane

Comment

Very nice find Rob. Great first piece!!! Welcome to the forum.

Best regards,
                Terrence

Comment

Beauty! Nice frosting too. Welcome to the ruination of any savings you'll ever aquire! Once they get under your skin that's it.

Comment

Hi Rob,

I am new to collecting as well. I Just got my second EK2. It is frosty like yours also. Congradulations.

Brian

Comment

Nice Cross! I'm also a new to third reich collecting. I aquired my first cross a couple weeks back a mm16. I have to get around this week to signing up for for the assoc. membership here so I can start posting pictures.

Comment

Very nice cross, and I have said it before and I will say it again, Iron Crosses are like potato chips, you can never eat just one, so be careful
                        Interested in candid/private Hitler, KIA, and Holocaust photos. Also any AH related memorabilia--silverware, linen, crystal, china...
                        All the best,
                        Chris

Comment

hi rob, congrats on the ek2... it's a beauty! and as marc said, welcome to the most addictive hobby since crack... we're all addicts here and know exactly how you feel. all the best, john

Comment

Very nice cross. Your are starting out with a very nice cross.
                            -Calvin Hall, repressed Appalachian American.

Desperately seeking a Juncker Knights Cross ribbon loop and well used Knights Cross ribbon!!!

Comment

Rob,

Beautiful cross. I need to find one of these mint pieces. Gorgeous.

Welcome aboard. You will meet some of the nicest people here from all over the world. You're very lucky to be starting out AND a member of this forum. I wish I had it 25 years ago. It would have saved me some money. These guys can be brutally honest, but it's all in love of the hobby.

Enjoy.....

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X