X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gem EK1

All,

The newest jewel in my collection:

Here is the "reverse maker mark" on the pin backside - very difficult to photograph.

And the case:

The glare from this Minty piece is hurting my eyes

Comment

Dear Flak 88,

Beautiful! I love the minty 26s.

Gary B
      ANA LM #1201868, OMSA LM #60, OVMS LM #8348

Comment

Marc,
        That is one fine cross! I assume it is from what is referred to as the "russian hoard" find?

Chet
        Zinc stinks!

Comment

Man,I've got the shivers from that frost!

Dave

Comment

Chet,
            I am not sure if she is from the Russian Hoard, but when I opened the case I heard it call me COMRADE!

Thanks for the comments guys,
            Marc

Comment

Yeah, it looks like one from the Russian hoard. I have owned about three or four of these. They are nice.

Comment

Isn't it interesting that the stream of EKs from the "Russian hoard" seems to have pretty much dried up? These pieces used to be readily available on numerous dealers' sites. Now that they aren't, it's almost enough to make you think that there actually was a hoard with a limited number of crosses in it. In other words, maybe the story was true!
                George

Comment

George,

At first I was sceptical about the "hoard", but I have owned a few, and they are good. It is not impossible for something like that to have occured. We know that the Russian military confiscated many things while in Germany during the last days of the Reich. We also know that may items were hidden for many years by the Russian authorities. Many such items were discovered shortly after the fall of the Soviet Union. I am not suprised that these are getting harder and harder to find, as most reside in personal collections now. I do know one individual who wanted to sell his, but the price is a little high.

Comment

I don't really doubt the "hoard" story at all. In fact, I own a "26" (uncased) from it! But some people have expressed skepticism. The "drying up" of hoard EKs indicates to me that the story is likely true.
                    George

Comment

I remeber when they first hit the market, cased fir about DM475... how we laughed and said noone would ever pay that.....

Comment

Chris,

Was that around 1999?

Marc

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X