Heer Honour Roll Clasp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heer Honour Roll Clasp

Hi guys, this was a recent pick up, any opinions would be appreciated.
    Cheers - Greg
    Attached Files

b
    Attached Files

Comment

c
      Attached Files

Comment

is not original.

Look this one:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/serv...herr_clasp.htm

Regards
        Mike

Comment

Greg,pass on that one. Lots of good examples in the data base.
          Regards
          Michael

Comment

https://www.weitze.net/detail/82/Ehr..._206182_e.html

Comment

Not a good clasp. IMO.

Comment

Hi Patrick, not quite sure what a link to Weitzes site means without any explanation? I have shown this HRC to some experienced dealers who have all said it is a genuine piece which has also been the response from some of the most experienced collectors on WAF both prior to purchase and since whilst discussing a trade.
                They may see this and chip in with their opinion. To simply say that it doesn't match an example of one shown in the WAF database and dismiss it as fake is an interesting theory as is one comparing it to one on the Weitze site (he's always right hey?).
                If somebody wants to explain why it is wrong I am willing to learn, from my research the construction of the obverse and reverse is as it should be and the prongs are textbook.
                Like I say I am willing to learn but it is a little bit too easy to dismiss with a simple 'it's fake' without qualification as we all know what that does to a badge.
                Cheers - Greg

Comment

Greg, the link shows the same type of clasp which he describes as a variant. This is not a typical award clasp which is why you are being told it is fake. If you compare to the usual clap you will see the design is completely different.

Comment

Hi Patrick, thanks for the explanation, I may be missing the wood for the trees here!
                    I have seen exact matches for this design whilst doing research but I'm now slightly concerned as I know Weitze can get it wrong like most dealers. In your considerable experience, do you think that it is a good one, I appreciate that it is one of the rarer awards and that would contribute to authenticity issues.
                    Cheers - Greg

Comment

Hi Greg

Here is another of that design posted in the past

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...nor+roll+clasp

you will be able to compare the 2 easily there, biggest differences are the height of the bow and thickness of swaz.

From my knowledge of Helmut one thing I can tell you is that he does tend to be very careful in vetting items and he is honest, but the odd item will slip through however good you are.

I have handled one of these before and I liked it in hand. I liked the fire gilding and the fact that the swaz was solid and separately attached, also I have only seen 3 or 4 of these over the years which is a positive thing. That being said it is not textbook and not an accepted variant so you will have a tough time convincing some. It might be worth dropping Helmut an email and asking where he got his, could be a vet source?

Comment

Hi Patrick, thanks for your response which is most helpful. I have bought from Weitze before and agree he runs a professional outfit.
                        I will email him for the background for his piece and may send it for an opinion.
                        I do like the construction of mine and I would be surprised that given the amount awarded that there was only one maker which would seem to go against what we see with pretty much every other award.
                        It is a rare award and one I will have no problem keeping in my collection.
                        Thanks for the time you have taken to qualify and explain your thoughts which I greatly appreciate. If I find out anything more then I will update the thread.
                        Cheers - Greg

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X