EKII Steinhauer & Luck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EKII Steinhauer & Luck

another one I like to share I have the cardboard box with it, Marked LDO the ring of this , very, silvered cross is stamped with a 4.
    It has a non magnetic core
    Attached Files

It looks from the photos like a 1 piece (9 oclock arm lower beading suggests this where the black paint has run up the side) and the swaz has had a ding of some sort. Repainted?????

Comment

it looks repainted to me.. my S&L's core doesn't look like that.

this is my 4 marked S&L EK2:

look at that frosting!!!!!

Comment

I don't believe the original piece is repainted, but I do suspect it was made with postwar techniques as the paint, sharpness and finish all match 1957er style S&Ls, even with the same "4" marked ring. The non-magnetic core is also evidence to me that this is a (nice and interesting) possibly postwar S&L piece.
        Attached Files
        Best regards,
        Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

That makes sense to me. You have to look closely at my 57er EKI to tell its 3 part and yes the paint is very similar

Comment

I think you might be right streptile! It looks much more like youre 57 paint. I will post some additional photo's later on and also will post pic from the box. I recived this cross 20 years ago from a Dutch Waffen SS Vet. Could be easely that he bought it post-war. Because all other things they had taken from him, after the War. Might be his "replacement" one.

Comment

I am thinking that Trevor is right, in my opinion also the inner corners are too rounded and beads fat for a wartime EK. However it 's very nice !

Comment

ADDITIONAL PHOTO'S, comments please.

Here some extra pics.
                I have examined it closely. It is made of 3 pieces. It has a non magnetic core.
                This is the way it came tome, including the small pin, wich isvery detailed.

Thanks for looking,
                martin
                Attached Files

Comment

additional pic

The core does not seem to be repainted.
                  Attached Files

Comment

looking again I would say that you guys must be on to something.
                    maybe "repainted" is the wrong word, but thicker paint than wartime, and I believe the center of my EK2 is magnetic. (see the small rust around the beading in some areas where it rubbed from a semi-loose core)

Comment

This is a marked S&L I used to own, which I have always assumed was a wartime cross. The paint, as can be clearly seen, has a 'flatter' non-glossy finish compared to the semi-glossy finish of the cross that opened this thread...

Robert
                      Attached Files

Comment

The cross starting this thread looks post war to me.
                        Interested in hand-stitched EM/NCO LW insignia and cuff-titles
                        Decorations of Germany

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X