Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post war RK

Hi Guys

I have had this one come in and it seems to be quite an uncommon post war copy. I was wondering if this type had been attributed to a specific maker as the quality is really good, much nicer than a Souval and I would guess the date to be 60s or 70s.

Thanks for taking a look
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Souval....

Sure looks like an "early" Souval to me ???? Tom

Comment

Its a nice looking post war cross actually, with a pretty even flange around the frames. The beading shows plenty of wear. It would be nice to know its history. Do you think the front has been re-painted?

Comment

Thanks Guys, the core design is not one known to have been used by Souval. Having it in hand it reminded me of a cross I had a few years back as far as the finish to the frame. That was another mystery post war example posted here

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=477493

the frame seems to be a match, so possibly a Ludenscheid product from the 1950s or 60s?

Tony- no sign of repainting, the reverse texture is different for some reason

Comment

Patrick - The core on this one is different from the one on the other thread. The frame is absolutely based on the S&L design, BUT when you look closely at the Souval/Sedlatzek frame, you can see that it actually had it genesis with the S&L frame, as well. There is some truth, I think, to what was reported by Vern Bowen a long time ago: Emil Escher, S&L's master designer/engraver, came up with the design for the RK and provided his material to other companies.

This is a neat cross and if you'd like to sell it, I'd be interested.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X